Runner 2 Cardio stopping and discarding activities automatically

Sosu221
Sosu221 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi all, wondering if someone may be able to help e with an issue I've been having since I got my Runner 2 Cardio in July (device is fully updated etc.

Each time I start an activity (this has happened for cycling, running and freestyle), after 1-5 minutes, I check the watch to see that tracking has stopped automatically and discarded the short event. If I then restart tracking, it works fine for the rest of the day/activity.

For example: I today started tracking a bike ride, made sure everything was running correctly. 4km into the ride, I looked at my watch to see that tracking had stopped. I restarted tracking, and when finished, the first 4km event was discarded and nowhere to be found. I have no clue what stops the initial event, but it's definitely not accidental button pressing or anything.

This happens *every time* I use the watch and is driving me mad!

Wondering if anyone else has this issue, or could suggest a fix?

Many thanks,

Marc

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • zmyslomar
    zmyslomar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've similar issue with my Spark Cardio during my swimming workouts.
    Factory reset does not solve the issue :(
    In my case this started after half a year of usage.
  • Sosu221
    Sosu221 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the info both, much appreciated. I factory reset my watch after I posted and didn't see the issue for 2 activities... But then it started again.

Looked like I'll have to call support :( such a shame as I love the watch and setup, hope something can be done.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    There may be a leak in the seal so it is shorting out. Definitely call Customer Support.