Exporting Spark 3 Steps and activities to Google Fit — TomTom Community

Exporting Spark 3 Steps and activities to Google Fit

shireeshshireesh Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
It is sad to see my Spark 3 does not export activities to Google Fit even with the 1.3.255 update. Going through several threads on this issue where suggestions to export first to other applications like mapmyfiness or Strava is suggested and then to Fit, does not work for me either. Has anyone been able to successfully sync the data with Google fit ? Can someone please suggest a way to make this possible.

My fitness application does not support TT Spark 3 instead allows to sync with Fit. My other device which is a fitbit syncs flawlessly with most applications

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,189 Moderator
    Hi shireesh,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry for my late response!

You can now import the data from Google FIT to Sports App. See the public FAQ here: Import your data from Google FIT

However, the export from Sports to Google FIT is not possible yet. I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.You can try the website mentioned in the link here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connect-apps-website-389/uploading-to-google-fit-937991?postid=1052626

Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard
  • dayssedaysse Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    I guess the product team aren't going to get this done now that they have been made redundant. They have my sympathy.

I would suggest that making the export to Google Fit work is more important now. If I know my data has be transferred to Google Fit then I don't lose my data if the mysports site is retired.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,622
    Superusers
    There are no plans to retire MySports. They are still selling and supporting the current watch lineup, there is simply an indication they are not going to produce any new models in the near future.
    Superusers
    daysse wrote:
    I guess the product team aren't going to get this done now that they have been made redundant. They have my sympathy.

I would suggest that making the export to Google Fit work is more important now. If I know my data has be transferred to Google Fit then I don't lose my data if the mysports site is retired.

There are no plans to retire MySports. They are still selling and supporting the current watch lineup, there is simply an indication they are not going to produce any new models in the near future.
    like this
  • dayssedaysse Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    There are no plans to retire MySports.
    You don't know that though. Tomtom haven't announced any such plans but I wouldn't expect them to do so. Given the recent release of new features and firmwares I would speculate that they are first trying to sell the wareables business. But without new products and a new owner MySports will be retired eventually, it might take 5 years but it will happen. At that point the data stored only by mysports that doesn't get transferred to other sites : activity tracking 24 hour heart-rate data, steps and sleep are lost to me because there is no way to download them that I know of and they don't export them to other services like Google Fit (both are possible). It's data that I would like to keep. I can take screen dumps I guess. The watch was a good product and it's a pity they didn't sell more of them. Support has been good.

I just want to keep my data
    Superusers
    They specifically stated in their press release that they intend to support the existing lineup and web platform go forward. How long that is is anybody's guess. 5 years is a long time and should it come to that hopefully they will give a means to dump all of your data to move elsewhere. Hopefully they don't do what Polar just did and brick all their older devices.
  • RobirisRobiris Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    shireesh wrote:
    It is sad to see my Spark 3 does not export activities to Google Fit even with the 1.3.255 update. Going through several threads on this issue where suggestions to export first to other applications like mapmyfiness or Strava is suggested and then to Fit, does not work for me either. Has anyone been able to successfully sync the data with Google fit ? Can someone please suggest a way to make this possible.

My fitness application does not support TT Spark 3 instead allows to sync with Fit. My other device which is a fitbit syncs flawlessly with most applications

I'm not sure if you can export your steps into Google Fit but you can try. On my android phone I use an app called SyncMyTracks there you can import and export activities from different devices. For example I can import garmin activities in the TT app. But I dont know if TT see steps as an activity but you can try
  • CyberHoffCyberHoff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would like to add my name as another happy tomtom Spark user who wishes to have their data synced with Google Fit. I would like this sync to happen BOTH WAYS!! I use Google Fit to synchronize my body metrics automatically. Google Fit syncs with my nutrition app and my scale, so it pretty much ingests all my metrics automatically. I do like that I can also see some of the data from those services sync to my Spark, but my step data (for when i wear my Android watch) does not appear to sync.

I am wondering why my steps data is not syncing to my TomTom Sports app from my Google Fit? Am I doing something wrong? It seems to only import activity data from my Google Fit, not my step data. Is there some sort of setting in either app that I need to re-configure?
  • Cristina123Cristina123 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello,

Does anybody know if the export from TomTom to Google Fit has been implemented since the discussion above?
    My life insurance is linked to the daily activity and it needs to be transferred to the Google Fit.

Many thanks in advance
    Superusers
    Hello,

Does anybody know if the export from TomTom to Google Fit has been implemented since the discussion above?
    My life insurance is linked to the daily activity and it needs to be transferred to the Google Fit.

Many thanks in advance

No change. All development stopped 18 months ago when TT Sports went out of business. You can use a third party exporter like FitnessSyncer to bridge between TT and Google.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0