Updating Speed Cameras on GO 620 — TomTom Community

Updating Speed Cameras on GO 620

papajpapaj Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
I agree with MikeUK1000 that it is dangerous to try and update speed cameras on the device while driving and stretching out over the dash board to reach device buttons. There is now a program by the authorities to add Average Speed Cameras on the A90 from Stonehaven all the way to Perth. How can average speed cameras be added safely?
How does the Device handle Average Speed? How do you mark the start of Average Speed Camera and the end of Average Speed?
In the North East of SCotland there is now a large amount of Average Speed units in operation

Comments

• obironobiron Posts: 44 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi

I don't think you can report average speed cameras. TomTom devices have average speed zones. Check with support about this with more information about the locations.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi papaj,

Welcome to the Community!

Our Speed Camera team is usually well on top of new cameras and closely following news and official sources to update our database.

Unfortunately, it currently indeed isn't possible to report average speed cameras, but you check our database with the MapShare Reporter.

I'll also ask our Speed Camera team to check if we have the cameras in the location you mention.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi papaj,

I got some more information about this from our Speed Cameras team. They're aware of this project and following the official sources for information. It currently looks like these new average speed cameras will go live sometime in October. They're currently removing the old fixed cameras and placing the new average cameras but the average cameras are not in use yet. There's also some mobile speed control in this area.

Cheers, Mikko