Runner 3 Bluetooth connection

Den Morris
Den Morris Registered Users Posts: 13
Legendary Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've tried everything, soft reset, hard reset - lost all my data on my phone. Gone on the main web site, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, zilch. My phone refuses to be recognised as a bluetooth device from any other device. This is my second discussion item on this. I've lost my first one due to the first hard reset. Any ideas anybody, this is so frustrating as I am on holiday in America for six weeks and so much wanted to track all my activities whilst away

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    When you did the resets, did you remove the watch from the phone's BT menu? The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

If you can borrow a computer that you can install the Connect software on (it is very small and unobtrusive) you can sync by computer. The watch will hold dozens of hours of activities, so even if you could sync it once a week or every few weeks you would be fine.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Den Morris
    Den Morris Registered Users Posts: 13
    Legendary Explorer
    Many thanks for your response. Yes I've tried this guidance several times, as I've posted previously about this issue. Unfortunately because I did a hard reset I've lost the recent data on my phone. I did manage to get access to a computer though and reconnect the phone for an update and hard reset. I understand what you are saying about the fact that connection needs to be via the app, but this simply doesn't work. I've tried de-installing and reinstalling the app. I've read all the comments and guidance I can find on this issue and no luck whatsoever. If I didn't know better I'd say the watch doesn't have Bluetooth, yet I know it does because it was working at one time and would connect to both the app and tomtom headphones (which I don't have with me). Thanks for your help, I'll be back in touch with Tomtom on return from my holidays. Regards Denise