When are lifetime maps not lifetime maps. when they won't fit on the devices memory

vasert
vasert Registered Users Posts: 12
Apprentice Traveler
i have a tom-tom go 500 with lifetime maps. due to the first map update being to large for the internal storage tom-tom gave me the uk and roi maps to use on my tom tom
i have thought on many occasions that the map was well out of date on my device. i have updated regular on my drive but never received map updates and am still on ver 965.7248
i can only surmise that my original europe maps had the lifetime update but as it wouldn't fit on my device the uk and roi maps didn't have the lifetime update so i have had to do with maps that are nearly 2 years out of date
will the latest europe maps fit on the tom-tom go 500

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    Straighten things out with support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi vasert,

Welcome to the Community!

I see that you got your device updated in the end :D Should you run into any further trouble updating your device, please see this FAQ.

And of course don't hesitate to post back here should you have any further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • adac
    adac Registered Users Posts: 19
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I received an email with regard to the latest map, but was rather surprised to see my lifetime maps expires 5 years after purchase, it's for a go 500.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi adac,

I'm afraid you've misunderstood the email. The Lifetime Maps are assigned for 10 years and yours (Europe) are running until 2024.

Cheers, Mikko
  • adac
    adac Registered Users Posts: 19
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I deleted the email unfortunately but i'm 99.9% certain it said 2019, can't remember the exact date. So thats 5 years.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    No worries, if maps are still being made for your device when your reach that expiration date TomTom has said the expiration date will simply be extended.