MyDrive Stuck in map view — TomTom Community

MyDrive Stuck in map view

CoachesCoaches Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
Via 52. My iPad is stuck in a map view, much the same as that showing on my Via 52 SatNav. But there doesn't seem to be any way to close that page and return to the My Drive update and accounts pages.

My iPad is synced to my iPhone which is synced to the SatNav.

The Windows version seem to be Ok though.

Help please!!

Comments

• CoachesCoaches Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    This has now "infected" my iPhone, showing a map view that I can't close or return to the home account/update page.

Having attempted to delete My Drive from the IPad and reinstall, I can confirm this hasn't worked, the new installation continues to show the map view.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Coaches,

What do you mean with "map view"? MyDrive is a route planner and only has a map view. For updating your device you need to use MyDrive Connect. For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,892
    Superuser
    @Coaches

Your VIA 52 uses MyDriveConnect (MDC) on a Windows or MacOs computer to update the maps and voices.
    Get MDC from here (link)
    Just to confuse it uses the similar sounding MyDrive on your iPhone to transfer routes and POIs
    Thank you guys, I see where you are coming from, my fault for misinterpreting it. In fact I checked this morning and found my iPhone was following my route to work although the Via 52 didn't have a route set, so I guess this shows its working ok. Yes, I have MDC (just checked) on my Win10 PC, that on my iPad/iPhone is just My Drive.

Searching the iPad App Store doesn't list MDC. Does that mean its not available for iPad/iPhone?
    Just while I have your attention if I could ask a quick supplementary question. I'm used to the older but in my opinion more user friendly Live 820. I can set the current static position (of the SatNav) as a Favourite or Home. I can't find this option on the Via 52. Trying to set Home when it doesn't exactly match up with a destination (I'm actually just off a main road in an unlisted position) search can leave Home wildly out by several hundred yards, so the route doesn't clear on arrival.

Any ideas?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,892
    Superuser
    @Coaches

MDC only runs on a Windows or Mac PC, not and Android based IPad/iPhone.

To add your position see page 123 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/VIA_52_62/refman/TomTom-VIA-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf