M3 Average speed zone switched off — TomTom Community

M3 Average speed zone switched off

sa69xasa69xa Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
M3 Junction 2 - 4a average speed limit camera's switched off in some places but TT still showing 50mph for the original full length of road works.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi sa69xa,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you seeing a wrong road speed limit shown on your device or are you still getting warnings for these cameras?

Cheers, Mikko
  • sa69xasa69xa Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Mikko,

Still getting warnings for average speed cameras when they have been switched off due to road works in those areas being completed.

Regards,
    sa69xa
    Hi sa69xa,

There could be some old data on your device. I'd recommend you to re-install the Speed Cameras. If you tell me your device model, I can give you some more detailed instructions.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Sorry for late reply, been away. My device is a TT Via Live. I have just returned from a trip that involved same M3 route and now the average speed cams are gone but no warning of the new digital cameras along the newly completed section of Smart Motorway. I f you would let me know how to reinstall, I would be grateful, many thanks.

Regards,

sa69xa
    Hi sa69xa,

Thanks for coming back!

You can find instructions to re-install the cameras with MyDrive Connect here [support FAQ - Restore Speed Camera locations]. remove the speed cameras with MyDrive Connect here. Then install them back.

You can also check our database report possibly missing (fixed) cameras straight to our Speed Cameras team with the MapShare Reporter. The following video gets you started:
    [video]
    Table of contents for the video

• Logging in: 0" 30'
    • Speed cameras: 1" 00'
    • Report status': 2" 10'
    • Missing street: 2" 20'
    • Speed limit: 3" 05'

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Am I being thick, not sure but the instructions you sent seem to only apply to TomTom Home, which is not applicable for my device and bears no resemblance to MyDrive. Am I doing something wrong? Or are there different instructions for MyDrive?

Kind regards,

sa69xa
    Hi sa69xa,

Sorry, my bad! I amended my previous post with the correct instructions.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Sorted, many thanks, I will test it next time i'm down that way.:D