TomTom Sports connect installed - now what? — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports connect installed - now what?

dcbrowndcbrown Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've installed TomTom Sports connect, the screen says 'Ready to Go'. Clicking settings shows my watch, serial number etc. All okay so far. Now what!

On the 'Ready to go' screen there are the words: "TomTom Sports" and the cursor changes to a hand when over the words so I assume I click this? I click it but nothing happens. Should it take me to a web page?

I want to register my watch and upload data, how do I do this?

My watch is a TomTom Multi-sport and I am using Windows 10.

Thank you.

Comments

• icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    what web browser do You use ?
    I had problem with MSEdge (when it was default browser), in Opera it works fine.
  • dcbrowndcbrown Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    icemac wrote:
    what web browser do You use ?
    I had problem with MSEdge (when it was default browser), in Opera it works fine.

Thanks for your reply.

I started with MSEdge but have since tried setting the default browser to IE, firefox and chrome. Still nothing happens when I click the link.

I have tried completely removing the software, changing the default browser to something other than MSEdge and reinstalling the software but still nothing happens.
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    dcbrown wrote:
    I've installed TomTom Sports connect, the screen says 'Ready to Go'. Clicking settings shows my watch, serial number etc. All okay so far. Now what!

On the 'Ready to go' screen there are the words: "TomTom Sports" and the cursor changes to a hand when over the words so I assume I click this? I click it but nothing happens. Should it take me to a web page?

I want to register my watch and upload data, how do I do this?

My watch is a TomTom Multi-sport and I am using Windows 10.

Thank you.
    Hi. I'm confused because when you connect your watch it will ask you to register if it isn't already and you do have an account with the watch registered. So if you perform an activity and connect your watch to your PC Sports Connect will upload to your account.

Regarding the link not opening it is most likely that no application has been set-up to handle opening links i.e. setting the browser to use when another application tries to open a link. If you click Start and search for 'Default Programs' or Settings->System->Default Apps. Then 'Choose Default Apps by Protocol', scroll down to HTTP and HTTPS and set the them to open with whichever browser you use. If you have problems then searching for 'Windows 10 Set Default Programs' should provide some guides.

Regards,
    Stuart.