Can't upgrade from old TomTom to TomTom Go on iOS — TomTom Community

Can't upgrade from old TomTom to TomTom Go on iOS

J HJ H Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've had the old iOS TomTom app for many years. I've just downloaded TomTom Go. It tells me to "Click Here" to go to the old app and follow the instructions to get my free upgrade to the new app. When I get to the old app, it asks me to log in. I enter my information and it instantly says "Unable to connect. Please try again." It's been doing this for several hours. I have good wifi and cellular connections, and my login works on the website. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi J H,

Welcome to the Community!

Is that the TomTom login that's failing? I'd recommend you to reset your password here and try again. The following video also walks you through the upgrading process.
    [video]

Cheers, Mikko
  • J HJ H Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem. I'd already reset my password, and it made no difference. My experience is exactly what the video shows, except that when I get to the login screen and click Login, I immediately get a panel that says "Unable to connect. Please try again." I have both wifi and cellular data enabled with good signals on both. Any other ideas?
  • Marie H.Marie H. Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problem
  • J HJ H Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Marie, I called the TomTom support line and learned something that may help you. If you haven't already, go to Settings on your phone and then to Cellular. Find the new app (Go) in the list of apps, and turn on Cellular Data for that app. If you can do that, it may fix your problem. As for me, I can't get the app to appear in that list, even after restarting the phone, so I still have a problem. :-(
    Hi all,

As you'll need to download a map for the app, I'd recommend to do the upgrading using (only) Wi-Fi® connection. As J H mentioned, it's also good to double check that the app has permissions to use internet (Wi-Fi® and/or mobile) on your phone.

Cheers, Mikko
    Both data and wifi turned on. TomTom Europe has everything turned on. Unfortunately, GO is in the application list but does not have the "Data" option available. In GO, the account is logged in and I can buy monthly subscriptions. Traffic info also works.

Still the same problem - "Unable to connect. Please try again."
    I tried another device, the iPad tablet. There was a 3-year update info, but after confirmation it was no longer possible to continue and the offer was not available. It helped make the original TomTom Europe application default, then everything was done correctly.

Problem solved.

I apologize for my English :- )
  • Rodrigo PitaRodrigo Pita Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the TomTom Brazil that I've paid for my iPhone, but I can not apply my account for my 3 years free plain to the TomTom Go. I have the version 1.29 installed. I need Help! Sincerely, Rodrigo Pita
    Hi all,

If you're not able to upgrade following the instructions I posted above, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. They can help you get this sorted quickly :D

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0