Runner 3 not pairing with app on Huawei

wynandv
wynandv Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My watch started having syncing issues with the app on my Huawei P9 Lite. I unpaired the device, did a factory reset everything as prescribed. Now i can't get the watch to pair with the app at all.

Installed the app on my samsung galaxy tablet, paired the watch first time and it syncs without issues.

I checked on tomtom's list of compatible devices and they say the huwawei p9 lite is fully compatible.

Why am i having connection issues with this phone only? Before, with my samsung S4 there were no issues and with my Samsung tablet also no issues.

Can someone at tomtom please assist with this

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Whenever you reset the watch or reinstall teh app you must have the phone forget the watch from its BT menu to remove the old pairing codes and it must be done in a certain order of steps. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

By the way, this is a user forum, not a Customer Support forum, so no one from TT will answer your questions here generally (moderators will direct users to other helpful posts and developers may answer a technical question but that is about it). To talk to TT directly you need to call Customer Support. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wynandv
    Master Traveler
    I have done this exactly..... To the tee... It worked fine for a couple of weeks and suddenly started with the syncing issues. I did the factory reset again today, followed all the steps but it doesn't want to pair with my Huawei. I did the same with the samsung tablet and it works 100% on the tablet.

What is wrong on the phone that the watch all of a sudden stopped syncing with the app on the phone?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    There could have been a phone update that slightly changed the BT stack, which will be enough to prevent it from pairing. Or there could have been an update to My Sports which changed the code enough to stop it from pairing. No way to know. Your next step would be to call Customer Support.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wynandv
    Master Traveler
    Thanks, that makes sense.....
  • The_Dude_Lebowski
    The_Dude_Lebowski Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Did you ever come right with this? I am having the same issue with my P8 Lite.
  • wynandv
    Master Traveler
    Tomtom collected the watch from me to check it out and at the end replaced the device. It seems to have been faulty.

But i still experience syncing issues from time to time on the huwawei. I have to reset the phone before it will sync again
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi wynandv

Thank you for reporting this! There is an ongoing issue with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches.

Currently, there is no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being.

Regards,
    lampard
  • wynandv
    Master Traveler
    I have a P9 lite. The watch does sync..... Eventually..... Every time i have to restart the app or restart the phone. It does not happen automatically and alerts do not come through on the watch
  • lkkang
    lkkang Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    hi Support,

I am using RUNNER 3 for about 6 months , NO issue at all ....

I recently plug the watch to my laptop and it got updated the fimware automatically, after that, the watch cannot get PAIR with my HUAWEI phone.

I am already done all the steps to reset or forget the BT device.
    - reset the watch using the laptop
    - on my phone, I have un-paired the device.

The watch is able to display the 6 digit code every time, and the phone is able to see the watch. However, the "CONNECTING" screen on the phone stays forever...

my phone is :
    HUAWEI P10 ( VTR-L29)
    Built number : VTR-L29C636B171
    EMUI version : 5.1
    Android version : 7.0

Watch is TomTom runner 3
    version 1.7.53
    HRxxxx-xxxx4

please advice what can I do to solve this pairing issue.

thanks
    Billy

Mod edit: Please don't post personal or private information on a public forum.Thanks!
  • lkkang
    lkkang Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    My issue is resolved with the latest firmware updates.
    lkkang wrote:
    hi Support,

I am using RUNNER 3 for about 6 months , NO issue at all ....

I recently plug the watch to my laptop and it got updated the fimware automatically, after that, the watch cannot get PAIR with my HUAWEI phone.

I am already done all the steps to reset or forget the BT device.
    - reset the watch using the laptop
    - on my phone, I have un-paired the device.

The watch is able to display the 6 digit code every time, and the phone is able to see the watch. However, the "CONNECTING" screen on the phone stays forever...

my phone is :
    HUAWEI P10 ( VTR-L29)
    Built number : VTR-L29C636B171
    EMUI version : 5.1
    Android version : 7.0

Watch is TomTom runner 3
    version 1.7.53
    HRxxxx-xxxx4

please advice what can I do to solve this pairing issue.

thanks
    Billy