Integration with MyFitnessPal — TomTom Community

Integration with MyFitnessPal

MiathertMiathert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi

Are there plans to integrate more with MyFitnessPal - all day steps tracking, calorie burn for example?

Thanks.

Mick

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    Not so far, all it transfers are sports activities. They do sync steps with Apple Health and Google Fit so you can always export to one of them and then link them to MFP to bring in this data. Every integration like this (beyond sports activities) takes custom programming as you are not dealing with a standard file type and that costs time and money so they need to get the most bang for their buck so to speak. By linking with Apple and Google they hit the two largest players in the market. There may not be enough overlap to start going down to the smaller companies out there.

TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see. I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MiathertMiathert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the response. Not sure I understand your response re Apple - I have an iPhone. My understanding of that integration is that it uses the phone to track steps meaning you always need your phone with you. This defeats the purpose of the watch! I won't always have my phone meaning the steps count there will be lower than my watch - I don't want the phone integration overriding my higher watch steps count and undercutting the actuals! Or have I misunderstood your response? Thanks. Mick