TT Watch experiences

jaumeng
jaumeng Registered Users Posts: 33
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
We seemed to have setbacks when there are new products launched or software upgrades:
1- New launched and sometimes old model of bluetooth headsets.
- In forum, members offered reasons why we couldn't connect to the BT headset due to its' protocol version, however I am able to connect via an old
bluetooth phone (3 years old) which has no capability of getting software updates as it is not a smartphone. So it should not have the protocol issue.
Shops will not let me try or open the BT headset box to try due to hygiene reason. I must buy and there is no return policy for such items.

2- Upgrading of mobile OS softwares
- Especially with Android phones whereby the software upgrading is very rapid. It was doing fine when I am using OS 6 and now since the upgrade to
OS 7 (Nougats) I can't sync it anymore. Done : Unpair the TT, Uninstall the software both to the phone and PC and Reset the watch - still can't get it
sync to the watch.

3- My TT Spark battery drained less than 3 hours of usage - bought less than 8 months and what makes matter so embarrassing is that I gave to my
brother as a gift .....

I hope TT support team are listening to customers feedback and be able to resolve these setbacks and be aware of the rapid changes of technology "protocol".

Comments

• MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi jaumeng,

Sorry for my late reply here!
    jaumeng wrote:
    1- New launched and sometimes old model of bluetooth headsets.
    - In forum, members offered reasons why we couldn't connect to the BT headset due to its' protocol version, however I am able to connect via an old
    bluetooth phone (3 years old) which has no capability of getting software updates as it is not a smartphone. So it should not have the protocol issue.
    Shops will not let me try or open the BT headset box to try due to hygiene reason. I must buy and there is no return policy for such items.[/quote
    The can be various reasons for problems with headsets. I've gathered the related FAQs here.
    jaumeng wrote:
    2- Upgrading of mobile OS softwares
    - Especially with Android phones whereby the software upgrading is very rapid. It was doing fine when I am using OS 6 and now since the upgrade to
    OS 7 (Nougats) I can't sync it anymore. Done : Unpair the TT, Uninstall the software both to the phone and PC and Reset the watch - still can't get it
    sync to the watch.
    Keeping up with the ever changing software environment is indeed challenging. I'd recommend you to go through the questionnaire here. In the end of it there's also the option to get in touch with a specialized Customer Service agent.
    jaumeng wrote:
    3- My TT Spark battery drained less than 3 hours of usage - bought less than 8 months and what makes matter so embarrassing is that I gave to my
    brother as a gift .....
    Many things can affect battery life. The FAQ below has some tips.

Watch battery losing charge too quickly
    jaumeng wrote:
    I hope TT support team are listening to customers feedback and be able to resolve these setbacks and be aware of the rapid changes of technology "protocol".
    Please note, that this is a user forum. The forum Staff reads everything here and reports feedback to the product teams. However, individual TomTom support is available from Customer service.

Should the advise here not help you get these sorted, please start new topics of the separate issues so that we can better help you with them.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jaumeng
    jaumeng Registered Users Posts: 33
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thank you MikkoK for your reply.

1- For the battery troubleshooting, I did sent my brother the link and he did all of them but no avail. Anyway I found out that the watch was bought in October 2016 - warranty expired ... so sad.
    2- While having so many setbacks, TomTom do listen to customers' complaints. I was about to give up on TT and keen of buying Fenix 5. However when I go to their discussion forum, their customers facing nightmares with the company lacked of customer support !!