TomTom Bandit - Updates? New accessories? WHAT'S GOING ON TOMTOM?! — TomTom Community

TomTom Bandit - Updates? New accessories? WHAT'S GOING ON TOMTOM?!

MRL71MRL71 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I know there has been a recent post about this and it was sad to read. But in all seriousness what is going on with the development of you action camera TomTom? Since its release there has been no exciting new developments, features or accessories and it is very disappointing to see.

We know you will provide support and updates when there is a problem, but (and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here) what about new features and accessories? Give us some new mounts or give us a full release of the software that we can use! I have mentioned in another post that a "premium" remote that could allow navigation between settings and modes (or even a view finder) would be an awesome accessory! Especially given that this is aimed at action/adventure sports, I have used my camera when on snowboarding trips and regularly on my motorbike. Both instances where a premium style remote would have been fantastic!

If you want people to remain interested and continue to use and purchase the Bandit you need to to provide some new things to increase the functionality, usability and of course fun for the cameras!

Don't get me wrong I love the camera, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TomTom show us that you care about your camera and your customers. GIVE USE SOMETHING NEW!!!

Comments

• Mick7020Mick7020 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I had a tom tom bandit when they first come out for scuba diving.

It was absolutely useless then. I have just been given one to try on holiday for diving. It is no different. And this is three maybe four years down the line.

A guy called Nikko used to reply. I copied and pasted all of his replies to my posts to TT Hq and got an immediate full refund.

Have used go pro session for over two years without issue.

The only accessory I can see different from when I had my first TT B is a small clip to stop the camera rotating which I mentioned years ago.

I think ongoing support for the camera is dead. !!!! Prove us wrong TT but why have you not even done a version 2 !!!!!!
  • MRL71MRL71 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    WOW 2 MONTHS AND STILL NO ANSWER! THANKS TOMTOM!

Your forums state that updates relating to issues that arise and general bug fixes will be on going (which is great!) but how can you expect your customers to continue using the camera when they don't feel like the manufacturer is giving them anything new. Your software is still in Beta and has been for at least 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that I am aware of, why is there not a finished version yet?! How can it take this long?!

Is the Bandit failing in the market, hence you won't support it? Do you not care about your customers anymore?

You have so many supporters of the camera (me included) SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TOMTOM AT LEAST RESPOND TO US AND LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!
  • RangoRango Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MRL71 wrote:
    WOW 2 MONTHS AND STILL NO ANSWER! THANKS TOMTOM!

Your forums state that updates relating to issues that arise and general bug fixes will be on going (which is great!) but how can you expect your customers to continue using the camera when they don't feel like the manufacturer is giving them anything new. Your software is still in Beta and has been for at least 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that I am aware of, why is there not a finished version yet?! How can it take this long?!

Is the Bandit failing in the market, hence you won't support it? Do you not care about your customers anymore?

You have so many supporters of the camera (me included) SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TOMTOM AT LEAST RESPOND TO US AND LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!

I'm unsure why the mods aren't forthcoming on this matter, and being clear about it when it's largely evident that the camera is to be no more...

I posted recently that the TomTom Bandit no longer had a presence on the TomTom Australia website, but noone took any notice of that clue.

Here, you can't even purchase accessories for the camera through TomTom anymore - the page is gone!

That's pretty clear that they've benched the product, and will no doubt do the same in other markets in the coming weeks and months as supply thins out...

It's a shame - not everyone wants a GoPro but obviously not enough people in that category to help TomTom make commercial sense of it.

Would be nice to see another update to the firmware, and also see the editing software get out of Beta. I believe they were working on a second generation of the Bandit but - can't recall where I read that - but it won't move forward.

There's some more reporting here:

https://www.wareable.com/tomtom/tomtom-leaving-wearables-4818