Run shows as activity — TomTom Community

Run shows as activity

Cher TanCher Tan Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
I saw a previous thread about the same topic, and I am not happy with just going to ttbin and resync when this happens. Would like to log this as a problem so the technical team can see it is not a one-off issue. Would be good if we know why this happens, and how to avoid it.

This morning, I had just run and sync'ed and it also shows up as an activity. The run was started and stopped as per normal, and sync as I usually did on my mobile phone. The record on the phone shows a normal run data.

Thank you.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Cher,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for my late reply here!

Did you get this sorted already? Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see anything wrong with how your run is displayed. Your watch saves the activity summaries under each activity and you can view these summaries by selecting the activity type and clicking up, as you've one on those screenshots.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Cher TanCher Tan Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for checking. I didn't know what happened. But it didn't happen again since.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    The distance for the activity tracker will not match the distance for the run activity. The tracker uses your steps and assumed stride rate for distance (and is generally long in my experience) while the run activity uses GPS.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Cher TanCher Tan Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh. Thanks for your reply. However, that wasn't my question. My question was that the run didn't show up as an event after I synch'ed. It shows up as step count activity.