GO 510 No connection with MyDrive connect - Mac — TomTom Community

GO 510 No connection with MyDrive connect - Mac

Mark CosmosMark Cosmos Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Hi, I live in Sydney, Australia. I have a new MacBook pro with USB-C ports. I'm running Sierra 10.12.16. I have a Go 510 and for the life of me, can't get it to connect to MyDrive. Both home and work internet connection fail to connect. I've had my firewall off, I've restarted my computer etc. I use wifi connection to the computer. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Comments

• peter_dpeter_d Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mark,

Join the club - I have a TT510 + MacBook Pro + iMac (both running 10.12) and for a long time been challenged / frustrated trying to get MyDrive Connect to do what the name says - ie. connect. The good news - it does work - the bad news - then it stops.

My experience of TT Support - willing but not (as yet) proved able.

Having had some weeks of a functioning connect - am now back to TT510 showing it is "Connected to your computer" - and MyDrive Connect 'not responding'.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone is able + willing to share helpful tips with you - am not too hopeful - but .....

Greetings from Germany
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you elaborate a bit more on what exactly happens when you connect your device to your computer. Does MyDrive Connect start automatically? Is your device recognised as a network device? Does MyDrive Connect recognise your device has been connected?

If possible, I'd recommend to connect your computer with a cable to your modem. Wired connections are always more stable than wireless and that'd take one factor out of the picture. For more MyDrive Connect troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
  • peter_dpeter_d Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikko - thanks for suggestion - am out and about at the moment- will try it out and let you know. Cheers
  • PeteKzPeteKz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a similar problem. I was using a MacBook Pro with an older Mac OS until recently and was able to update my device with it.

I got a new MBP running 10.12.6 that has only USB-C ports on it. I have a I/O Gear adapter that provides USB 3 ports on it that works for other peripherals. When I plug in my Via 1605, the Via will charge but the computer does not recognize it (says that device is not connected) so I can't update it.

I have MyDrive Connect Version 4.2.2.3559

Thanks,
    Pete K
  • AndrewPPearsonAndrewPPearson Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Any ideas