Comparability with Sony Xperia XA1 phone — TomTom Community

Comparability with Sony Xperia XA1 phone

PippaJPippaJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi

I've previously used a Nexus 5 with my Multisport watch without any problems but recently changed phones to a Sony Xperia XA1 and am having problems connecting to my watch.

I've tried forgetting the watch on my nexus but this hasn't made any difference.

Before I take the phone back in my 14 day cooling off period I wanted to check if anyone had any suggestions on how to get the phone and watch connected.

Many thanks

Pippa

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,525
    Superusers
    I would factory reset the watch to remove any old pairing codes and then start the pairing process over. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PippaJPippaJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It worked thank you very much for your help.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,525
    Superusers
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0