Keep Losing Serena Voice After Tom Tom GO 50 is switched off

Chrisdude60
Chrisdude60 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi,

I've had this issue since I bought the device, but I only use it when I go abroad, so up to now, haven't been able to resolve it.

If I load in the Serena voice from MyDrive Connect, it works right up until I switch the device off (Not sleep). When I switch it back on the Serena voice disappears. This is frustrating as the recorded voice (Jane) doesn't seem to work at all other than occasionally saying "then". Strangely any voice I upload to the device will remain after switch off except Serena.

I've tried the drum toll reset, switching languages and only loading Serena, but nothing works. Serena is the only voice I can get to work abroad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Check with support tomorrow:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you to do the following:
    • Remove the affected voices with MyDrive Connect
    • Factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places, My Routes and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.
    • Install the voices again with MyDrive Connect and test

Cheers, Mikko
  • Chrisdude60
    Chrisdude60 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi MikkoK,

I tried that and only Jane remained when I switched it off and back on again. It also didn't keep My Places. Its as if it only keeps Serena in volatile memory, so when the power turns off it loses it.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Chris,

You also seem to have very old map and there's something wrong with your subscriptions. Please, contact Customer Service. They can best help you get this sorted.

Cheers, Mikko
  • StanStan100
    StanStan100 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    My device (a GO5000) also looses Serena if it ever suffers a shut down due to a flat battery.

On the move the only way I've discovered to get her back is this. With the device connected to the car's 12v outlet and powered up, navigate to Menu, "Settings", "System", "Reset device". My device then warns "A reset deletes all your saved places and settings and restores the standard factory settings to your TomTom device. After a reset log in to your TomTom account to automatically restore your My Places locations and POI's from MyDrive". Press the Reset option.

It does not take too long to reset and for full functionality you can log-in to MyDrive from your device. Press "Menu", "TomTom Services", "MyDrive".

Why TomTom have failed to correct this known fault is beyond me, there is clearly a software conflict or hardware problem that is impacting on saved voices.