Traffic feature not working on new VIA 1510 TM — TomTom Community

Traffic feature not working on new VIA 1510 TM

It messages when plugged in that the receiver is present. The wheel just forever spins . It never connects to the signal to show the traffic bar etc. I noticed there was nothing in my updating about traffic. Does this model really have the traffic service? About to give up on it. I called tomtom and led through resetting to factory specs etc. Nothing works

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,200 Superusers
    Did the traffic functionality used to work on the device?

Might you be in a community with limited (or no) RDS coverage?:

http://www.ttwnetwork.com/index.php/solutions/2013-04-02-15-39-16/coverageareas
  • PacwosqinPacwosqin Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    I still have an open incident with my VIA regarding the eternal "spinning circle" using RDS-TMC.

I quote from TomTom Customer Services: "...the issue will resolved after an application update. We are aware of the inconvenience this is causing, please be assured our Technical Team are working on a resolution with high priority."

So there you go - you're not alone and they are working on it, allegedly!
    Well 8 months on and I still have a spinning traffic circle. The fix is obviously not *that* imminent! Annoying thing is that my model of VIA is still supposed to be supported - i.e. not one of those recently purged. It's now on e-bay - not fit for purpose, farewell TomTom.
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
    Hey thanks for taking taking time out to respond again dhn - appreciated. But this unit has had more resets than I've had hot dinners after numerous e-mails with Customer Services! Drum roll resets, factory resets, right back to the software resets, every reset under the sun as far as I can make out, each numerous times. The RDS lead is fine, it works on a mate's VIA straight away, I swapped the units in-situ at the same location (again several times) so it's nothing to do with the signal/receiver/etc.

The unit failed after a map update and I've been hanging on hoping a that a future update would fix it - but no joy.

The promised "application update" mentioned above appears to be a myth and as for "working on a resolution with high priority" hmmmm, :-(
    Yeah, don't hold your breathe for any application update for that model.
    Almost certainly true; would just be decent of them if they were honest about the situation....