Major problem pairing TomTom Spark3 and TomTom headphones right handed — TomTom Community

Major problem pairing TomTom Spark3 and TomTom headphones right handed

claudio.clausiclaudio.clausi Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
I bought a Spark3 2 weeks ago and it works very well for what matters the running and so forth. After a couple of tries with my headphones, I bought a TomTom Bluetooth headphones I just received. I have tried several times to pair the TomTom Headphones (by definition MUST be compatible) and the Sport Watch, but the result is "Not Found". I followed the suggestions I read in the forum, even I have done the factory reset, but nothing changed.
How is possible that two products bought from TomTom and compatible are not pairing??
Anyone have ideas on how to sort out this issue? I am very concerned!

Thanks
Claudio

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    Before pairing, you should turn off BT on all the other devices you have tried pairing them to, as BT is a one-to-one relationship so it can only play on one device at a time. Any of these devices could be stealing the signal first. Alternately, go outside away from the other devices so they are all out of range before trying to pair the headphones. Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). You need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (you will hear a series of tones, silence, then a single tone). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. If you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • claudio.clausiclaudio.clausi Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for your suggestion. I followed what you said, but no result at all.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    can you pair the headphones with a phone? Turn on BT on phone and go in the Bt menu to see if the headphone even appers there.
    I believe that you have to press the on/off button for 3 to 5 seconds to get the headphones in pairing mode. You'll hear a beep and after this the phone should connect to the headphones. If this works i would try again with your watch turn BT off on your phone, or go outside, to prevent double pairing.
    If that doesn't work either maybe the headphones were already broken when you got them.....