Sports suggestion: confirmation finished run — TomTom Community

Sports suggestion: confirmation finished run

dekruyffdekruyff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2018 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,

For a few months now, I am very happy with my TomTom Adventurer. There is one thing that bugs me. During a run, I can push the nav-button left to pause my run. However, it happens too often that this action is recorded twice, which means my run has ended. To continue, a new run is recorded. I would like to see a software update which:

- asks me to confirm if I really want to end the run
or
- when I start again, it notes the start is the same as where the last run ended, and asks if I want to continue the previous run or record a new one.

This would be a great improvement!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,531
    Superusers
    Do you have Lock set to On in the Settings Menu, which will require a long press to pause and end a run (without it, a single click will do it). This pretty well prevents the situation you are talking about. You would need to press and hold, let go and press and hold again to end a run, which would not be a natural action, just holding it would not do it. As to adding conformations, they do not seem to be going down this route, even if it would be a nice addition. The focus is on keeping it simple and streamlined without a lot of confirmation pop-ups and other extraneous messages. As to continuing where you left off, once it is done the old activity is saved and stored so I am not sure it could do that. In any case, adding new features is based on customer demand and yours is the first request I have seen for this in 4+ years so I doubt there is enough demand to justify the resources, but you never know. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dekruyffdekruyff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. First of all, I wasn't aware of the lock-option although I had it switched on. I now have switched it off, because I think that is just what causes the problem. With the lock on, I need to press the button a while, but not too long. When set to OFF, it is more reliable as I only need to press briefly.

Thank you, once again! Case closed :)