Bandit with HRM — TomTom Community

Bandit with HRM

PhotogeezaPhotogeeza Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi,

Can any Bluetooth heart rate monitor be used with a bandit? I don't really fancy wearing a chest strap so I would prefer a watch, Tomtom really otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Any BT HR device can be used, but it needs to transmit HR like a Mio or Scosche. You cannot use a TT device as they do not transmit HR. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PhotogeezaPhotogeeza Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Interesting, sorry bit new to this type of stuff, what is mio of scosche, are they brands of watch or types of Bluetooth signal?

Regards

Colin
  • RichaudRichaud Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Have the TT heart rate monitr sz999.. not beeing found by mo bandit.. any way to see if the heart rate monitr is up and running? No ight s on it so hard to know if it's broken
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    just picking up on this as I have just bought a Bandit and already have a Spark3 so really excited to couple the 2 together...your answer above perhaps explains why I'm not able to...
    I know I shouldn't be amazed by any flaws in TomTom products (Spark3 already had to be sent back TWICE in 12 months for repairs...) but this really is the final straw....

I SO want to like TomTom products and aesthetically love them and their claimed functionality but just falling short repeatedly - I guess that's why they are discontinuing their sports products soon (at least the watches, as I have found out on very good authority) .

So....despite having invested in one of their top of the range watches with HR monitor and their camera with HR tracking facility...neither can communicate with the other?!

Great, wonderful...

Does anyone know if Garmin do a camera or GoPro a sports-watch?

If anyone reading this knows or finds out if TomTom raising their game to acceptable levels do please let me know...:persevere:
    Hi. I actually found my problem last week... humidity.... my skin is to dry...if I wet my skin it works..so I guess summertime and some sweating will solve that problem...

Garmin does multiple cams... Virb x .XE ultra and now a 360. I recommend Virb XE. Waterproof and possible to charge while driving in rain... the ultra can not.. x and XE are more or less the same... both uses go pro mount
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for this Richaud, I have heard that chest straps sometimes need some moisture to aid conductivity which makes sense, my OP was actually about the issue of lack of connectivity between the Bandit and TomTom watches as the watches don't send data via Bluetooth/ANT so can't connect with the Bandit...I posted here on the issue...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/search/activity/topics?userid=530637
    Hi
    Well.. that was what I thought to.. But it doesn'ty transfer anything or looks like it's connected undtil it gets a heart Reading.. So I'd say that beeing able to read heart rate is closely connected to it registrering heartbeats. .. good luck in the wathc deparetement.. I cant fit a Watch under my cloes so :)