Geographic coordinates in real-time

AlpVir
AlpVir Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I own a TomTom Cardio Runner 2
Is there a slight chance to send a real-time app to the geographic coordinates read by the Cardio Runner?
I repeat: in real time and of course through bluetooth.
If this is the case, I'd like to create an app that does this task. Is there an SDK?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    No there is not and I am not sure it is possible with the hardware as currently configured. It does not transmit any data in real time, it collects and sends it all in one data file when syncing. There is no SDK, just a developers site to allow you to work with the data files after an activity is completed. TT is not opening their source code to third parties to play with (I don't know of many companies that do) so I don't think you can accomplish what you want. Here is the developer's site: https://developer.tomtom.com/tomtom-sports-cloud

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AlpVir
    AlpVir Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Actually, that's not what I was hoping for.
    I note that the data is only transmitted at the end and not during the event.
    Obviously the hardware of the Runner is underutilized or (most likely) battery charge problems have recommended this solution.
    It's not about playing or opening source code to third parties. It is about knowing the bluetooth transmission protocol with which data are crammed. This is fairly normal.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    In any case, they are not going to give you access or that information. Others have asked and the answer has always been no (actually, the answer has been silence, which is as good as a no).