Serena voice on Go Mobile app V1.7 — TomTom Community

Serena voice on Go Mobile app V1.7

Simon BattellSimon Battell Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Since upgrading to the latest version of the Go app I have been having problems with the computer voices (Serena etc) When she talks she coughs and splutters, stalls and is barely audible. If I use one of the other voices (not computer) it works fine. I have tried all of the new audio settings but they make no difference. I did not have this problem with the previous version.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Simon,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you to re-install the Serena voice by removing it from the Voices menu and downloading again.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Simon BattellSimon Battell Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks I have already tried that I have also tried installing one of the other computer voices but still no joy.
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for coming back!

Next I'd recommend you to clear the app's data (App management - Settings > Apps > GO > Clear data). Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places, My Routes and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. They'll be able to get to the bottom of this and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AbmansAbmans Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi there,

Same story overhere, dit a update today and the app breaks al the voices.
    new install brings nothing.

I'am not happy so far with TomTom Go Mobile! cost me a lot of time to solve the breaking voice and now it's broken again.

regards Abmans
    Hi Abmans,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you describe your problem in a bit more detail, please? That would help us look into it.

Which voice(s) are you having problems with and how do the problems manifest? Have you already tried the steps I've posted above?

Thanks, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

yes i triedal steps (several times) and even erase everything en download again with the same results.
    To problem is with all the voices Xander, Bram, eva and belgium ones, the voices tels little bits form the words.
    I have tried all different audio setting but all same problem, with the version 1.6 i had i had also problems with the voices but after i installed a fix for Xander it was working fine that took a lot of work and now it is broken again, as mentioned in a other post is it possible to rollback?

regards Abmans
    Hi Abmans,

Thanks for coming back!

I'll send a heads-up about this to the product team. Meanwhile, I'd recommend anyone experiencing similar issues to report them to Customer Service. They'll be able to gather the relevant details for our technicians to look into this.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Still leaves my question about the rolback option, i'am leaving soon for holiday and that was the reason why i bought tomtom mobile go.

Regards Abmans
    Hi Abmans,

You might find an apk of a previous version somewhere but we don't have a supported rollback option at the moment.

Cheers, Mikko
    Mikko,

Can you help me out with a direction for a apk? I can find the hacked versions and i paid so like to stay on the gelal site.

Thanks for your help

Regards Abmans
    Hi Abmans,

As I mentioned, it's not a supported solution so unfortunately I can't help you with that. I'd recommend you to get in touch with Customer Service to get a speedy solution to this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    Abmans wrote:
    Mikko,

Can you help me out with a direction for a apk?
    You might try here: https://tomtom-gps-navigation-traffic.en.uptodown.com/android/download/267495 but I can not vouch for this site.
    Thanks mate!

Regards Abmans