MyDrive route planner - send to device — TomTom Community

MyDrive route planner - send to device

TeeJayBeeTeeJayBee Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
In Mydrive Route Planner (desktop PC, Firefox browser), in the Plan Route drop-down box, I enter a start point and destination and under "Fastest" I get one route selected and two alternatives.
The selected route has buttons to 'Save' or 'Send to Device', however if I select either of the two tabbed alternative routes, I only get a button to 'Save to My Routes'; so if I prefer to use one of the alternative suggested routes, how can I send that to my device (GO 5200)?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,209
    Superusers
    Hi
    Try.....
    Create your route.....
    From the "Plan Route" window select one of the alternate routes
    Click save to MyRoutes
    Rename or accept the offer name for the route
    Slide the sync this route as a track on your devices Switch... To On
    Click Save
    The route (Track) will/should be stored in MDWeb (v2) Route planner and in MyRoutes on the device

ATB YFM
  • TeeJayBeeTeeJayBee Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,
    Yes, that works - many thanks :)
    It does however, seem to be a bit of a kludge workaround for a function that should be a simple one-button click.
    Also, I had to use Chrome browser - the "Save to My Routes" button is doing nothing in Firefox :(
    Superusers
    Hi
    Just found a better fudge.....
    Try.....
    Create your route.....
    Left Click somewhere on the selected route and add a Stop
    Click "Send to Device"
    The Route is/(should be) sent to the device.....

ATB YFM
    Yay! That also works :)
    Still not what I would consider ideal, but hey, it's another effective solution - thanks again for your time :)
    Superusers
    Hi
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    Just found a better fudge.....
    Try.....
    Create your route.....
    Left Click somewhere on the selected route and add a Stop
    Click "Send to Device"
    The Route is/(should be) sent to the device.....

ATB YFM
    Be aware of this bug, If you plan a route from point "A" to point "B" and Point "A" is not your current location
    When you "Left Click somewhere on the selected route and add a Stop"
    Place the Stop on the route as close to Point "A" as possible

The Bug... After you have created your "A" to "B" route using the MyDrive Web (2) Route planner
    When you sync the route to your device using the "Send to Device" menu option
    I think the device removes your planned "A" location and moves it to your present location, but it doesn't replace your original "A" location with a stop, and so the route misses the original "A" location

Note... This bug applies to routes where "A" is not your present location
    This bug applies to all NAV4/(5 Wifi) devices

For example Route from "A" Birkenhead to "B" Manchester..... My Location (Worcestershire)

e741788b-1054-4936-8886-ebd1bb6cc509.jpg The device receives the route -> Calculates the route from my present location (Worcestershire)... Then completely ignores "A" Birkenhead

Screen GO 520
    9595e2f9-d092-4df3-8502-0dbe5b0dd376.jpg Workaround... When planning your route if you place a sacrificial stop right next to the planned Start of your "A" to "B" Route

7fd0ed66-9cb9-45f6-bf1b-889cefd2eee7.pngThen when you sync the route to your device using the "Send to Device" menu option, the device still moves your planned start to your present location... But the sacrificial stop holds the correct route... From your Present location to original "A" then "B"
    In the above example... Worcestershire --> Birkenhead --> Manchester

Screen GO 520
    8f1b3f4d-adb5-4157-bd4a-55ab54636089.jpg
    The same bug existed within the MYDdrive Web (2) Route planner, the route planner also dropped point A
    But that bug appears to have been fixed?

ATB YFM
    Worth knowing - I'll bear it mind - thanks again :)