Fitness watch feature - proposition

Sekitan
Sekitan Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,
I'm using my Runner 3 fitness watch and I would like to ask if there is any possibility to add one small function to those watches? Half of this kind watches has "time to move" function which is based on looking if user is sitting in one place for longer time. If he does, then watch gives you a message that you should move on. It's not complicated to implement and may be very useful. It's just a loose suggestion. I wish to hear back what you guys and TomTom Employees think about it.

BR

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    It is not a bad idea (and has been brought up already), but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Igorzam
    Igorzam Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I think the new feature of auto pause addresses this issue so that time standing still is not included in calculation of averages.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    i read it this as referring to the activity tracker where if you are sitting for too long it tells you to get up and move about.
  • Sekitan
    Master Explorer
    Never heard about "auto pause".

tfarabaugh is right, it's about 24/7 activity tracking.

Considering that the last update was in January, there are small chances that they will add anything, I suppose.
  • Igorzam
    Igorzam Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Check out https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/latest/?locale and read about the recent feature.
  • Sekitan
    Master Explorer
    doesnt work for me
  • Sekitan
    Master Explorer
    Auto-pause is about Activities, completely other world.

Recently I've read in the manual and on this forum also, that "Sleep tracker" works basing on lack of movement. So it would completely cross the fire with my proposition as it's working completely opposite. When you are not moving the watch considers this as sleeping!

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/time-in-cinema-recorded-as-sleep-1029482

As I wrote in topic above, I thought it's based on heart-rate monitoring but it's not. In that case Sleep tracker is a little disaster as it's useless and it's closing the way for my proposition. :(
  • Sekitan
    Master Explorer
    Also I would be pleased just with the feature in which the watch gives you notification every top of the hour..
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Sekitan wrote:
    Also I would be pleased just with the feature in which the watch gives you notification every top of the hour..
    There will be no more development on any of the TomTom watches. They left the wearables market and stopped development nine months ago. All we will see from now on is bug fixes (if that).