Ordering Process Broke — TomTom Community

Ordering Process Broke

DoubleTDoubleT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 18 in Travel lounge
Trying to take advantage of email Upgrade offer to replace my old reliable TomTom One XL with GO 620. The ordering process via the email "hot links" gets you to the select payment screen but will not accept payment process any further - states "something is wrong ...". Reported it and had a long conversation - see incident 1708xx-xxxxxx - apparently others are having the same problem, so it is not something I am doing wrong. The so called work around (setting up a new account, signing on a different computer etc.) does not work. Once you do get on the new account etc. the upgrade offer does not get applied. Signing on your account via the traditional computer with my XL gets the offer to upgrade but the offer only applies to European countries, not Canada. Please advise when TomTom's provider has fixed the process.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    I've sent your concern to a contact I have but he is in Europe so it may be too late for anyone to deal with it before Monday, DoubleT.
  • DoubleTDoubleT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well, it has been about 10 days since my original posting - heard nothing from support from my reported incident, still can not take advantage of ordering process, guess the problem is more significant than I thought. Will continue to monitor.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    Call support then:

877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • DoubleTDoubleT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Problem resolved! After several rounds with support and despite their very valiant efforts we had no success. I have now found the cause of my problem. My Norton AV appears to have been blocking the order. I re-tried the order on my tablet which does not have Norton installed - just using M/S windows 10 defender - the order worked! Now waiting delivery.