Can't scan QR code on MyDrive App — TomTom Community

Can't scan QR code on MyDrive App

IgzillaIgzilla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I am trying to pair my new Go 520 with my Sony Xperia XA via the MyDrive app. When I tap the "Scan Code" button, it says "An error occurred. Please try again later." This is not helpful. Please, what is the error and how can I fix it? Just telling me to pair the devices via bluetooth is not good enough - the whole point of buying this model was to get the traffic updates. As far as I can tell, my phone has bluetooth v4.1, which should be good enough to do the job, so therefore is the app bugged? Please help!

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Igzilla,

Welcome to the Community!

There could be many reasons why the scan/pairing failed. Please note, that you can also pair your device without the app. For more information, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • IgzillaIgzilla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, but not very helpful as I didn't even get as far as scanning/pairing. The app failed to activate my camera. I'm not sure if there's some weird hidden setting on my phone preventing the app from this (other QR code scanning apps on the phone work perfectly) or whether the app is just poorly coded and doesn't like Sony?? I will try calling the UK support number when I have enough time in my life to waste, or reset my phone to factory settings (last resort).
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Igzilla,

Thanks for coming back!

One reason for this could be that the app doesn't have permission to access your camera. You could check this at Application Manager - MyDrive - Permissions. Camera is the first one listed there. Alternatively, you can re-install the app and get prompted to give the permissions anew.

Should this not help you get this sorted, please do indeed contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and help you get it sorted.

Cheers, Mikko
  • IgzillaIgzilla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I have looked and the Camera permission is enabled. Disabling it and trying the app, I get the message "Please go into the MyDrive app settings in your phone settings and enable Camera in your app permissions. Then try again." All well and good. I re-enable the Camera, but get "An error occurred. Please try again later." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I have now called Customer Service and they have escalated to 2nd line support, so fingers crossed they can help. It is clearly some obscure setting on the phone that is at issue, not the app, as I have tried the app on my partners Samsung and my old HTC Desire (unfortunately the battery is kaput on this phone so I just can't use it) and the app works fine.
  • devkampadevkampa Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all! Same problem here... Didn't see a way to fix it. (GO 6200 and Huawei P8 lite)
  • XartabveXartabve Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello. I did buy today the 620 professional and I get the same issue. No way to qr with the app.

My phone is a LG G5

I do have camera permission on in the app

I wish someone could help me.
    Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,081
    Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @Xartabve

KNOWN BUG...
    WHAT HAPPENS:

When trying to pair the device with the MyDrive app, at the QR code scan page, an error appears 'An error occurred. Try again'

WHAT TO DO
    Suspend/resume the PND (Quickly press the power button to suspend, then again to resume)
    Toggle off / Toggle on the Bluetooth profiles in the PND's settings > Bluetooth > Hold your finger over Phone_Name
    Soft reset the PND (hold the power button until the drums roll)
    Restart the phone
    Un-pair / re-pair phone and device
    Factory reset the device and pair again

WHAT'S NEXT?
    Contact Customer service

Tomtom Support Portugal
    De Segunda a Sexta: das 08.00 às 16.30
    With the following info:

Device serial number
    Navcore version
    Phone model
    OS