Retrieve deleted activity — TomTom Community

Retrieve deleted activity

annekagreenannekagreen Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited December 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I've read a few replies on previous posts (some of which are a few years old now) but their advice hasn't worked so far...

I uploaded from watch to iPhone Tomtom My Sports app through Bluetooth. It didn't sync to Strava as it usually would. So I deleted the activity from TomTom app hoping to reupload it (big mistake!).

Any ideas how I can retrieve the data etc? It's still showing on my watch. Have connected to PC using cable but the activity hasn't uploaded to the PC My Sports app. It is not showing in my folder is C:USER folders either (and none have for a few years it appears!).

Any ideas?
Thanks so much
Anneka

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,519
    Superusers
    Did you get any error messages while syncing or did it hang up at all? If you are using the phone app, once you have synced by phone you cannot also sync by computer, it is either/or. Once the watch thinks it has a successful upload it clears the memory (what you are seeing in the History is just summary data points, the actual activity is deleted once synced). To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer
    3. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0