Activities show up a day later in my TomTom Sports app/website — TomTom Community

Activities show up a day later in my TomTom Sports app/website

chaosmochaosmo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
When i connect my watch (Bluetooth) with my smartphone it updates my activities and quickgps. But when I go to activities in my TomTom Sports app, the newest activity is not there. I can refresh all I want but it's not there. Even restarting the app of rebooting my phone doesn't do the trick. When I go to the TomTom Sports app one day later, the newest activity is there without my phone and watch having connected again.

I have a friend with the same product, but her activities are updated immidiately, not 24h later.

Anyone with the same problem? Or with the solution to end this?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    This seems to be an issue as I have seen others with lagging updates issues. TT seems to be aware of it as one of the developers has been on here gathering information on other posts. No word on a solution though.
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have two phones and two different behaviors:
    - Galaxy S5 (Android 5.01) + TomTom Runner - after connect and upload activities are immediately show in application
    - Galaxy S8 (Android 7.0) + TomTom Runner 2 - there is "small lag" - 15minutes or few hours, or sometimes when I turn on WiFi and refresh activities in application.
    Do you not have WiFi on when you sync? I generally always try to sync through WiFi rather than cellular as it seems to be more successful. If you go to Manage>Settings do you have WiFi only turned on? If so, it will not update while you are on cellular data only and will wait for a WiFi connection. Someone else mentioned toggling WiFi on and off seems to impact the upload, so I wonder if it is just caching the activity until you turn WiFi on, at which point it starts the upload.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Do you not have WiFi on when you sync?

No, I sync every data by cellular.

Why? becouse I'm always connected.
    And WiFi I have only at home or at work, mayby sometime in hotel ;)

P.S.
    Option "Wifi Only" I have turn off
    todays update.

I synchronized activities with phone when Wifi was ON - very fast, activities showed immediately in application/on website, etc.

So, there is "problem" with update by using cellular data.

P.S.
    the update on S5 was also when Wifi was ON - my mistake.
  • robertbwrobertbw Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem. I've always had issues with bluetooth and syncing. But that aside, in the last few weeks it's suddenly started taking multiple hours before the activity appears on MySports and then transferred to Strava. It used to be a few minutes usually. They've obviously added an update which has screwed things up. And, in case you ask, yes my 90Mbit/s Wifi is on, and yes the watch is lying on the phone, and yes the app is on for the entire time it is syncing, and yes I tried it multiple times and the app says it's up to date. And yes, I am using it the same way as I had done for the past 18 months previous when it usually worked just fine, and yes I've had the same problem for the past 2 weeks, during which I did about 10 activities, one at a time.

TomTom really should have the option on MySports to display all activities on the phone and have a force sync button. Although, I think in this case the activity has been transmitted, it's just lost somewhere on MySports.

It's really, really annoying, and just another reason why I recommend everyone I know to avoid TomTom watches. They are just good enough to prevent me from ditching them, but screw up regularly enough to totally wind me up.
  • t.stonet.stone Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree, it takes forever for the activity to show up on Android (multiple phones and versions) on iPad it shows up straight away - but hardly going to take iPad to runs.

Seriously making me think about switching to another watch brand, if you run in a group you wait 4-5 hours before you can compare activities, everyone else is comparing straight after the run.

Disappointing that the issue has been around for well over a year.

Did hear TT are going to stop making watches, not surprising after they gave up a decent level of support ages ago.
  • GongTongGongTong Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I agree that realistically, the only fix for this is switch for another brand watch. I've had a variety of issues with connectivity despite trying every suggested fix.

It's obvious that the company are not capable of providing functionality of allowing data syncing between their devices. Nor can they offer sensible customer service. Personally I will not buy another of their products and will recommend others to do the same. I was advised to get a Garmin from the start and foolishly ignored my club's advice.

They should definitely stop making watches. They've done a lot of damage to their reputation from what I can see.
  • RunningPigRunningPig Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I sync the activities then I force stop the app. Once I restart the app, the activity shows up.
  • GongTongGongTong Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    My workaround is as follows (but I really recommend changing watch):
    1. Manually disconnect the phone and watch in the TomTom app under "Manage".
    2. Reconnect watch to phone in the "Manage" menu.
    3. Wait for it to sync activities.
    4. Reboot phone.
    This fixes the problem about 70% of the time. Sometimes I'll have to do it twice.

The main complaint I have with TomTom over this is that it becomes clear that the problems are all unique when you Google it and search the forums. Nobody seems to have exactly the same issue and nobody seems to get the same result from the "fixes". The company seem to have given up trying to help.

I'm back in this forum today, because I connected through my PC to get last month's update. Which claimed to solve an issue with connectivity that some users were suffering. It's changed nothing for me.
  • CreampuffCreampuff Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have posted about a similar problem. TomTom customer service appears to be pretty much non-existent. I have been unable to find a way to actually talk to or communicate with anyone at TomTom. This is my second TomTom Multisport watch, I tried to be a good customer, because when I bought this it was virtually the only GPS watch that could log open water swims via the Freestyle option. Now however, when it come time to buy a new watch, will try something else, maybe Garmin, since I hear they have fixed their open water swimming issue. TomTom, you are on notice.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,562 Superuser
    @Creampuff

To contact Customer Services

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Creampuff wrote:
    I have posted about a similar problem. TomTom customer service appears to be pretty much non-existent. I have been unable to find a way to actually talk to or communicate with anyone at TomTom. This is my second TomTom Multisport watch, I tried to be a good customer, because when I bought this it was virtually the only GPS watch that could log open water swims via the Freestyle option. Now however, when it come time to buy a new watch, will try something else, maybe Garmin, since I hear they have fixed their open water swimming issue. TomTom, you are on notice.
    TomTom left the wearables market and is no longer producing devices, so feel free to go to Garmin since TT has nothing else to sell you.
  • JaapTinaJaapTina Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Got this problem too. If I sync the watch with my Android phone I get to see the results only after waiting 1 day. Had this problem with Samsung S5. Now having the same problem with LG G6. So it's defenitively a watch problem. Is there a solution?
  • skguselli74skguselli74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem. Tomtom runner and a android 7.0.
    Activities used to sync straight away, but now it's hours or days, not happy and eoukdnt buy tomtom again for this reason alone