Charging during an activity

DucksterS
DucksterS Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Charging during an activity is not possible. But is there an possibility to make an software change? Technical it should be possible i think.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    There may be but even if they could, it would still not be possible as there is no way to wear the watch while it is charging and the dock will not stay attached if ti is in a pack and being jostled. This watch is not being marketed to endurance athletes who need more than the 10 hours it provides, so they have no incentive to invest the resources to make this kind of change. The business reality is that there is likely not enough customer demand for it and it will not drive new sales so it will not be implemented. This is a budget running and training watch designed for the casual athlete who wants a simple, no frills device and the feature set reflects this.

If this is a vital feature for you and you are within your return period you may want to look at other devices that offer this option now. I would not count on it coming, you need to make your decision based on the features that are currently offered, and not what may come in the future. Go into it with the assumption that what is in the box is all there is and it will never be updated, to save setting yourself up with false expectations.

In any case, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.