Can't pair with iPhone

AVAJanssensAVAJanssens Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited January 29 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi. I have updated both the app and watch but my phone (iPhone 6) still can't find my phone. I can not upload workouts via my phone only when I connect my watch to my computer.

Comments

• AVAJanssensAVAJanssens Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Phone still can't find watch. Apologies
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,176 [Superusers]
    There is a specific order of steps to follow which might help, and I would factory reset the watch and uninstall the app to ensure all pairing codes have been removed. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AVAJanssensAVAJanssens Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    It did work indeed. In between reinstalling the app and pairing the watch with the app, I disconnected the watch from the computer - not sure you can complete the reset whilst watch is still connected with your pc.
    Thanks you very much. Seems all settings have been synced with online account.
  • albertoweisseralbertoweisser Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Guys, I had the same issue.. stop to sync.. I folllowed all the steps, factory reset, reintall apps ans nothing.. I make the sync, the app find my watch, the watch give the code and when I try to put the number of watch, the watch close and finish without sync.. can u help me.. many thanks
  • MagnarMagnar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problems as "albertoweisser". I have followed the steps several times. Re-installed the app on Galaxy S7 edge. (Even factory reset the phone). Factory reset Adventurer several times. I get the code on the Adventurer but not possible to input the code on the phone .
    The feedback on the app tells me I am not connected to the network and it is not possible to send feedback. It has been like this for several weeks now. Only possible to transfer data via PC.
    I would be nice to get a solution for this.
  • KamilUzgurKamilUzgur Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problems. When will you update the tomtom sports app?
    Thank you. :8
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,176 [Superusers]
    KasiaMac wrote:
    good morning , was wondering if anybody can help me before i decide to return the watch to the place i purchased it from as i am having trouble syncing with my phone and my watch is also having trouble finding my bluetetooth headphones , i have done all the a above steps multiple times and went as back as restoring my phone to help with the issue =still unresolved , pairing code disappears of the watch before i can enter it into my phone . This morning whilst trying to go for a run watch also had problems finding GPS signal, after 10 mins of waiting for the watch to aquire GPS signal i abandoned the idea of using it and ran without it ....
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over three months.