New GO Mobile for Android™ v1.17 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for Android™ v1.17 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.17 of the GO Mobile for Android™ and it's available for in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
Change Audio Channel: Choose which audio channel the app uses for instructions and warnings. You can select the channel in Voices in the Settings menu.
Android™ O support: The app is now compatible with Android O.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• Ajlee7Ajlee7 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks it works! Android Samsung S5 Marshmallow. I have it on Ring Channel but it oddly plays on both Bluetooth and speaker. Not a problem but will experiment with other channels. Step in the right direction!
  • How the audio of a particular channel is handled depends on your device and Android version. For example, on some devices selecting the notification channel may play audio exclusively over a headset when connected, but on others it might always be played over the phone speakers. When Bluetooth is involved, different Bluetooth devices may also lead to different results per channel. This uncertain nature of audio channels is the reason we offer users the choice; while not all channels will give users good results, a certain channel may be just the thing some users need to fix an issue they're facing. Trying the different ones out and finding what works best for you is indeed the best way to use this feature.

One use-case that I'm using this feature for myself, is to have independent volume levels. That way I can raise the instruction volume while keeping the music volume the way I like it, so that I can hear both clearly.
  • Borg59Borg59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    I'm using a Galaxy S8+ running Nougat and now I don't need to turn off media audio within the Bluetooth settings to my car.
    I can select Notification, Alarm and Ring channel and the sound comes through the phone.
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

Selecting audio channel is not functioning on my SGS6 Edge.
    No matter which channel I select, the BT media channel is used. AND it's STILL inaudible!
    If the route is simulated, the sound is routed perfectly to my selection, which would be "message".

Come on guys!
    Keep it simple...
    The advanced functionality is only for geeks and not suitable for common users :?

This is what we want :)
    ef7e4809-a415-4066-af8f-b1b7ef6ac983.jpg

Cheers!
  • jgmoreno75jgmoreno75 Posts: 51 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No Data Connection to TomTom Traffic and Speed cameras. Still.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi jgmoreno75,

As you've been suffering of this for quite a while now, I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service about this, if you already haven't. Your case needs a more thorough investigation than we can do here on the forum.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Spike67Spike67 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

I have the same issue on a Galaxy S7 Edge running nougat 7.0. No matter which sound channel I choose it won't allow me to interrupt the car audio and play the sat nav commands over the telephone channel. This is a real killer for the app for me. Sygic and mapfactor can do this on the same device so TomTom should be able to do It. Also the app needs to be compatible with Android Auto sooner rather than later otherwise tomtom will join Motorola and Nokia etc!!:?
  • NaxterNaxter Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When will TomTom fix the traffic and roadworks information on TT GO Mobile? I got told months ago from the customer service it was a known problem and that they were going to fix it. Nothing yet.
  • jgmoreno75jgmoreno75 Posts: 51 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Me too, Naxter. Since v1.11.
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    So why is it I can hear speed camera warnings but not turn by turn instructions with this version. Very frustrating.
    Please delete. (Allready written in #5)
    @Tomtom:
    I edited #4 and inserted a pic. You may delete this post, when read.
    Cheers!