Installing TomTom Go mobile on a built in Android system in the car — TomTom Community

Installing TomTom Go mobile on a built in Android system in the car

MaksterMakster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a built-in Android system in my car. What I would like to install Tomtom Go. The Android system has 4.22 software. Update by company system has not yet been updated.

Tomtom Go is no longer running on this. Is there any possibility of installing it?

I was spoiled with Carminat system in my previous car. There Tomtom turned up. With account the most powerful navigation!

Thanks!

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    This is an English language forum.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Makster,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, GO Mobile is not supported on in-built devices. We've tested it only on mobile devices.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MaksterMakster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Mikko, yes they do! Only this is another system, with other problems :-(
  • MaksterMakster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Makster,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, GO Mobile is not supported on in-built devices. We've tested it only on mobile devices.

Cheers, Mikko

2 Flag Edit
    Hello Mikko, yes they do! Only this is another system, with other problems :-( And it works perfectly.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Makster,

I'm happy to hear it works for you!

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that we haven't tested the app on in-built devices and therefore can't support it, i.e if you run into any problems we won't be able to help you.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MasimoMasimo Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    I also have an Android system in my car. It's a unit of the so-called MTCD generation. It features an octa-core RK3688 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, running Android 6.0.1. Display resolution is 1024 x 600. Wifi-n onboard, internet connection via wifi or bluetooth tethering.
    Specs are sufficient to run TT Go.

When I connect to the Play Store I can download and install the TT Go app. After installation, when starting the app, it stops with a message "cannot connect to the internet". Then it closes.
    After reading many fora I find that this issue is caused by the fact that the serial number of the unit is too long. TT Go cannot (or will not) handle serial numbers longer than 12 characters. A solution to the problem would be to root the unit, and use an app that can change the unit-ID and "emulate" a shorter serial number. Then it is reported that TT Go works.

There are some brands, such as Joying, Erisin and Pumpkin, that have this type of Android headunits in the market, where TT Go can be installed and used without issues. I don't know what solutions are implemented for these units.

I definitely would like to run an official and paid version of the TT Go app. And I do not want to intrude my system with rooting and other stuff.
    Would TomTom consider to support other device types (with long serial numbers)?
  • MrMMrM Posts: 156 [Exalted Navigator]
    I would like to support this question. I have an Android 6.0.1 motorcycle navigation and encounter the same issue. Downloading maps stops immediately with the statement there is no internet connection. But there is.....
    I found that I still had TT Go Mobile installed on my device. I gave it a try and to my surprise the app now works. Not sure what changed but it's running well.
    I made no changes to my device other than an MCU (firmware) update. Don't know whether something in the newest version of the app changed or it's my device that suddenly became compatible.
    Anyway, I was able to download a map and activate a subscription. Did a short testdrive and all functions work. :grin:
  • GenísGenís Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Masimo wrote:
    I found that I still had TT Go Mobile installed on my device. I gave it a try and to my surprise the app now works. Not sure what changed but it's running well.
    I made no changes to my device other than an MCU (firmware) update. Don't know whether something in the newest version of the app changed or it's my device that suddenly became compatible.
    Anyway, I was able to download a map and activate a subscription. Did a short testdrive and all functions work. :grin:

Hi Masimo,

I encounter the same problem of you with a 2DIN Android device since
    I bought it 10 months ago and I really don’t know what else I can do.

I would like to know the brand of your device and how do you found an
    update for it.
    Also, could you take a look if the serial number is now shorter?

Thank you very much in advance.
    My device is unbranded. It's manufactured, however, by KLD (Klyde Shenzhen).
    Serial number is unchanged.
    TT Go app suddenly became compatible with the latest version I installed (1.17.1 build 2121).