TomTom Spark froze up and didn't save my workout

Leard
Leard Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I just came back from a run and at the end I paused the watch so I could allow the watch to tell me my recovery rating. After that I finished the run and the watch returned to the clock screen. After this I tried to go back to view the run statistics, however the watch had frozen up. Eventually I managed to make it back, although the run never saved. Firstly why did this happen? Secondly is there a way I can retrieve this run?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    It was likely a firmware glitch. I would do a factory reset to install fresh firmware. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes. If that doesn't resolve it, you should call Customer Support who can investigate if it is a firmware issue.

For the lost activity, is the storage bar empty under About? If so, it is likely gone, particularly if there is nothing in the history. If you know how far and how long you ran, you can start a new activity, immediately stop and save it and then upload it. You can then go into MySports and edit the activity with the correct distance, time, etc... The date and time of the activity will not be correct but it will get added into your lifetime totals and other stats.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Leard
    Leard Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    So that's probably about the fifth time I've had to factory reset my watch because of some issue.

I also did what you said about syncing the workout and then editing the details. However on MySports it has allowed me to edit the distance. However whenever I try and edit the time it keeps reverting back to the time of the original activity rather than the time I ran for. Every time I type the real time in it deletes it and reverts back to the real time.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Are you editing the total time or the active time? You cannot edit active time as this is a server calculation. Try editing total time and see if that works. Honestly, this workaround was from before they introduced pause detection and it may not work anymore for the reason you just mentioned. They are working on a way to turn off pause detection, which may allow it to work again in the future.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.