V1.17 has audio output selection but.. — TomTom Community

V1.17 has audio output selection but..

JvdZJvdZ Posts: 80 [Supreme Navigator]
Just loaded v1.17 on my Samsung S70-EDGE and tried the new audio option available in v1.17, but can't get it to work.
I've tested with both a BT headset and my car by connecting them with BT and have the Mulimedia option deselected in de BT settings of these devices.
Then select the different new available options for audio output but the sound keeps on being played on the Phone speaker while playing the route example.
Anything I've missed or doing wrong?

8c805da8-3ecf-4c6d-b7fe-f2b5b10b8aa4.png
Jos

Comments

• The audio channel does not necessarily change the speaker over which the audio is played. It merely changes which Android audio channel is used. How the audio of a particular channel is handled depends on your device and Android version. For example, on some devices selecting the notification channel may play audio exclusively over a headset when connected, but on others it might always be played over the phone speakers. When Bluetooth is involved, different Bluetooth devices may also lead to different results per channel.

This uncertain nature of audio channels is the reason we offer users the choice; while not all channels will give users good results, a certain channel may be just the thing some users need to fix an issue they're facing. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee that every type of issue will be fixed by changing the channel. If none of the channels improve your situation, I'm afraid this feature won't be able to solve your problem.

One use-case that I'm using this feature for myself, is to have independent volume levels. That way I can raise the instruction volume while keeping the music volume the way I like it, so that I can hear both clearly.

Regarding your Bluetooth issue: we also looked into possible Bluetooth configuration, but this is a rather complex and time-costly task. It is something we'd like to improve in the future, but at this point I can't give you any timeline for it.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi JvdZ,

Thanks for bringing this up!

I'd just like to note here that the v1.17 update is being released in phases. I'll announce it here when it's fully released next week.

Cheers, Mikko
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 80 [Supreme Navigator]
    @tvkanters,

Thank you for the explanation of this feature. I guess I hoped/assumed at selecting the "Spraak/Oproep kanaal", it would use the same channel as used for incoming pone calls which use is connected to my Car Audio system. Believe I did try all the different options already but will have another go at it.
    My S7-Edge has Android 7.0

@Mikkok, Understood and am happy to play and get this conversation going as this was already mentioned several times in the past.

Cheers,
    Jos