TomTom Rider 400 - Reverse Route Backtrack — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 400 - Reverse Route Backtrack

interactive3interactive3 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in RIDER
Has TomTom added the ability to reverse routes on the Rider 400? It's a desperately needed feature that's been requested in the past. There are many times when I'm out using a GPX route I've uploaded and find myself needing to turn around and backtrack. Thank you.

Comments

• obironobiron Posts: 44 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
  • RTwoRTwo Posts: 53 [Master Traveler]
    If it happens regularly for you, why not just upload a reversed gpx route at the same time as you upload the outward one? Then it's there if you need it.
  • interactive3interactive3 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi RTwo, Thank you for the suggestion. I have started to duplicate routes, but it's a lot more uploading for a multi-day trip with multiple route options per day. It would be so much easier if the TomTom unit could process the request. There have been times when I have no intent of turning around, so I haven't included a reverse route, but something happens backtracking is required. If I'm the lead rider of a group ride it can be frustrating, stopping to get my bearing and resume, when I have a GPS mounted right in front of me.
  • ButtercupButtercup Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The original and wide screen Riders included the facility to reverse the itinerary/route and I find it remarkable that feature seems to have been omitted on the current models. Downright frustrating to be frank! This topic was supposedly raised over a year ago, so what news now?
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi RTwo, Thank you for the suggestion. I have started to duplicate routes, but it's a lot more uploading for a multi-day trip with multiple route options per day. It would be so much easier if the TomTom unit could process the request. There have been times when I have no intent of turning around, so I haven't included a reverse route, but something happens backtracking is required. If I'm the lead rider of a group ride it can be frustrating, stopping to get my bearing and resume, when I have a GPS mounted right in front of me.

Reverse route function - now wouldn't that be really useful on a Sat Nav.

Actually TomTom will tell you your wrong. What you really wanted was to be able to preview a route which doesn't start from your current location - That's want you really wanted in the last update. Clearly TomTom thinks you'd never want to reverse route.