Upgrade on GO Mobile App for Android — TomTom Community

Upgrade on GO Mobile App for Android

mary-mmary-m Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
I have tom-tom on my android phone , which is limited to 50 miles , it is logged to the same account as my
Tom Tom Go500
Every time i try the upgrade it says

Purchase Failed
Youre Purchase Could Not Be
Completed Please Try Again

I Am not sure if this is a TomTom problem or it
is an android problem
Other than that all works fine sync etc

Is there a way to upgrade from the web or
only from the app

Hope someone can help , Ian

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,572
    Superusers
    I believe the app is a separate product and owning a SatNav device does not give you free access to the app, you would need to purchase a
    membership on the app. Probably best to call Customer Support and ask them about it, they can clarify and rectify the account situation if I am wrong. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mary-mmary-m Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hiya Thank you for the reply

I understand that a purchase is necessary to unlock the miles , the problem is it wont let me
    as a stand alone product i have upgraded before no problem , but that was a couple of years ago

Regards Ian
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ian,

You can use the same account for your GO 500 and GO Mobile. I'd recommend you to re-install the app and try again.

Cheers, Mikko
  • mary-mmary-m Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Mikko will give that a Try
    Regards Ian