Cracked Screen of Multisports — TomTom Community

Cracked Screen of Multisports

John DoeJohn Doe Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
That's the answer I had received from support ..."I am sorry to hear that the screen on your watch has cracked. Screen damage in not covered by the warranty so we would charge a standard fee of 85 Euros.

If you would like to go ahead with this, you would need to ship the watch to our repair centre at your own cost and provide us with a UK address for the return of the watch"...

That's a shame.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    I do not know of any consumer devices where a cracked screen is covered by warranty. Certainly not on my other watches, my phone or computer.
  • John DoeJohn Doe Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    You had missed the point, the matter is not warranty but a fair price of repairing a cracked watch screen. I can't wonder if you are a TROLL
    of TomTom?
    Superusers
    They are not repairing the screen for that price, they are actually replacing the device altogether. They do not offer a repair service.
    I am protesting against this policy. I don't want a new watch but a repair in a fair price. So if I wouldn't get a fair solution I'll never buy again anything of TomTom products.
    Superusers
    You can protest all you want but that is the price and it is a new device, not a repair. If you do not like, then it is your choice not to buy another TomTom product. If you want to address it with TomTom directly you need to call them, this is a user forum, not a support line. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Problem not solved!
    Superusers
    They don't mark it as such. But your not liking the answer doesn't make it the wrong one. You have reached the limit of what you can expect to be solved on the user forum. If you are unhappy I would suggest calling Customer Support and asking to speak to a supervisor to take it to the next level. Maybe you can convince them that your dropping your glass fronted device onto a hard surface is somehow a manufacturer's defect that merits a free replacement.
  • PaulBrasPaulBras Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Has anyone ever used a standard watch repair shop for a cracked screen? As the screen isnt touchscreen, so long as the watch repair outlet can source a screen size to match why not use somewhere like that instead? I assume it would be much cheaper too?
    Superusers
    PaulBras wrote:
    Has anyone ever used a standard watch repair shop for a cracked screen? As the screen isnt touchscreen, so long as the watch repair outlet can source a screen size to match why not use somewhere like that instead? I assume it would be much cheaper too?
    You could try but you will likely spend more than the watch is worth to do so. Plus you would actually need to find a watch repair shop and I am not sure how many of them actually exist anymore.