Are you sure you're online? message for new Spark watch
2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port? Yes
3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port? Yes
4) Is the USB plug free of any debris or blockages? Yes
5) Is the Connect software actually running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)? No; it doesn't get that far.
6) Did you install MySports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123 Yes.
7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer? If it is a company computers often do not have the proper rights to install it. Yes.
8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)? I have Intego and I went to the NetBarrier app and tried to make an exception for an "incoming internet connection" from tomtom.com, but it did not work. See attached screenshot.
9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)? Yes.
Any help will be much appreciated. I got the watch for my birthday 2 weeks ago and still haven't been able to sync it.