GPS Co-ordinates in MyDrive — TomTom Community

GPS Co-ordinates in MyDrive

Bus DriverBus Driver Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
I've seen some discussion about being able to enter GPS coordinates in on the MyDrive website, but nothing recently. Up until the first week in July I was able to get latitude and longitude coordinates from points in Google maps and copy those coordinates to MyDrive so they come out via the cloud on my navigation device. I use TomTom Go Mobile on an 8 inch Android Galaxy Tab S2.

This no longer works. Now when I past coordinates into MyDrive in the same format I had been using, I get back addresses and places in other countries.

I need this level of precision. I drive a charter bus and I can't always go where cars go or get in and out of parking lots, hotels, mall or whatever the same way or on the same streets. Picking coordinates off a satellite map where I can see what is there before I get there is absolutely essential.

Oddly, Google map coordinates do work in the MyDrive app on the Android tablet so this message refer to the MyDrive website only when using a home computer or laptop.

Does anyone know why this has stopped working?

Thanks

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Bus Driver,

You can also use coordinates to find locations in MyDrive. The format used in MyDrive is 51.4187397, 0.1180949.

Please note, that you can now also plan routes for large vehicles in MyDrive by choosing the truck icon and entering your vehicle dimensions. However, please note, that GO Mobile doesn't support truck maps and will re-plan the synced route based on the preferences you've set on the app. For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko