Failing to connect to Sports iOS app — TomTom Community

Failing to connect to Sports iOS app

Lottie.PLottie.P Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi,

I've recently bought a TomTom Spark Cardio from a friend and I'm having trouble connecting it to my app.

When she gave it to me, I synced it with my phone no problem - but it had all her old data and workouts. So I did a factory reset to clear everything off and start afresh and now it won't connect to my app.

I go through to the connect screen, click "connect to Tomtom watch" on the phone, and pair new on the watch. The PIN number shows for a fraction of a second, then it disappears back to the 'phone' selection on the watch and my phone is left still saying "connecting".

So they each know that the other is there, but not enough to connect. I've done another factory reset on the watch, reloaded the app, restarted my phone...... Anyone able to help?!!

Thanks,
Lottie

Comments

• GouldenKGouldenK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Lottie

I actually had the same problem and just posted about it around five minutes ago. Right after i posted it I saw your question appear as a similar question and we pretty much wrote the same thing. Anyway, I figured the problem out. just simply go to your phones setting under Bluetooth. Scroll until you find your watch and click on the "i" next to it and click forget the connection. Then open up your sports app and connect the watch like you normally would and it should work.

Hope this helps
  • kaye-hutkaye-hut Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    I am having a similar problem with my TomTom Spark + Music sports watch.
    It would normal sync to my iPhone.
    Yesterday the information after sync was wrong.
    TomTom Sports app on iPhone showed only 317 steps, when watch was showing 5,999 steps for day.
    In Bluetooth settings I have forgot device and reconnected, I have tried deleting app and downloaded again, I connect sports watch to PC thinking this sync will help still showing wrong information.
    Any ideas???
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    kaye-hut wrote:
    Hi
    I am having a similar problem with my TomTom Spark + Music sports watch.
    It would normal sync to my iPhone.
    Yesterday the information after sync was wrong.
    TomTom Sports app on iPhone showed only 317 steps, when watch was showing 5,999 steps for day.
    In Bluetooth settings I have forgot device and reconnected, I have tried deleting app and downloaded again, I connect sports watch to PC thinking this sync will help still showing wrong information.
    Any ideas???
    You need to follow these steps to fix the steps not syncing properly:

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in MySports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and should now update as usual.