Unable to sync run on my Watch to my Sports Account — TomTom Community

Unable to sync run on my Watch to my Sports Account

AdityaVAdityaV Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I synced my morning long run to MySports Account via the app. However due to the run not getting uploaded on Strava, I rmoved it from the account. I tried to sync the run again to MySports account via both the app and the portal. However the run is not getting synced to my MySports account, dispit it being available on the watch( the run stats show up in the Run Activity section history on my watch).
I don't want to lose the run data. Can som1 pls help with this?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    Did you get any error messages while syncing or did it hang up at all? Have you first installed the Connect software and is it running? The software must be installed and running prior to plugging in the watch. If you are using the phone app, once you have synced by phone you can not also sync by computer, it is either/or. Once the watch thinks it has a successful upload it clears the memory (what you are seeing in the History is just summary data points, the actual activity is deleted once synced). If using an app to upload, the app needs to be open and active. Also make sure you do not separate the watch and the phone during the sync process. Best bet is to put the watch on top of the phone and leave it there. If you get out of BT range it will fail. Make sure you have strong signal on the phone (Wi-Fi is even better). A weak signal will slow the process and can cause failures. I recommend using the computer to sync as it is much more reliable and much faster. Also, when you upload activities using the MySports app for phones and mobile devices, backup data files for manual import like fit or tcx files are not stored on your computer so it is best to use MySports Connect on your computer if you need those file types for manual uploads or you want a more reliable syncing process.

To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC Syncing: The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices: Locate the ttbin files in iTunes:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices: In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/). Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into the site of your choice. Most allow for manual importing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AdityaV wrote:
    I synced my morning long run to MySports Account via the app. However due to the run not getting uploaded on Strava, I rmoved it from the account. I tried to sync the run again to MySports account via both the app and the portal. However the run is not getting synced to my MySports account, dispit it being available on the watch( the run stats show up in the Run Activity section history on my watch).
    I don't want to lose the run data. Can som1 pls help with this?
    Hi. Note that after adding a 3rd party exporter only activities uploaded from that point on will be sent to it i.e. any previously uploaded activity will not be sent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tried to sync the run again to MySports account via both the app and the portal". You can't re-export an activity that has been uploaded by the mobile app (using the app) and you can't "sync" from the portal (website). Note that once an activity has been read by the phone or your computer it is no longer on the watch, it will still be listed in the history, but it's just a summary.

You have Strava exporter set up, so any activities you upload from now on will go to Strava, if you want to export previous activities there are 2 options.
    1. Use the Share button on the detailed activity page to save the activity as .FIT and import it to Strava
    2. Copy the ttbins (see tfarabaugh's post) to your computer to the [serial number] folder and use Sports Connect on your computer to re-upload them via the 'Try again' button of Sports Connect

Regards,
    Stuart.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0