Transfer favorites from VIA to GO 50 — TomTom Community

Transfer favorites from VIA to GO 50

cHAMPION.01cHAMPION.01 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I HAVE A via and just bought a GO 50 can i transfer my saved FAVOURITES or do i have to re enter manually.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    [video]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    Hi
    @cHAMPION.01
    If your device is one of the older NAV3 Vias
    Here's an easier way..... The Favorites file on the "Manage Community Content" page is already a .Ov2 POI file
    This method saves the faffing about, moving the Favorites about one at a time on the device to create a .Ov2 POI file

If required get the latest MyDrive Connect Here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted

If you’re running the latest MyDrive Connect… The menu has changed slightly.....
    With your device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    With MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    [h3]RIGHT CLICK[/h3] On the Tomtom Icon on the PC Taskbar
    Then…Click on the Link in the Menu to open the "Manage Community Content"

Note... If you're using Hidden Icons on your PC's Task Bar
    Click on the up arrow Icon on the task bar to access the Tomtom Icon[/b]bd4428ef-8606-4d8b-a4d8-f3b613829c17.pngThe below image is 1.5 x normal size
    2a799506-7f6a-4a39-8654-f3d5e399cb85.png[h3]OR[/h3]Direct web Address link to "Manage Community Content"
    With your device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    With MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    http://169.254.255.1/pcmi/?locale=en_gb
    Click on the Link above to open the "Manage Community Content" page

f1813d2f-18b6-4d95-a57f-60dcef42a66c.pngFollow one of the methods above to open the main "Manage Community Content" Screen
    Then Scroll to the top of the Open Window to the Favorites.Ov2 and Click on "Copy to computer" I saved my file to the Desktop

Rename the Favorites .Ov2 file you saved to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI category to the top of the list of POIs so it's easy to find

Use My Drive to load your New Favorites POI Category to your device
    Using MyDrive.....
    [video]

You can now delete the MyPlaces that aren't required (Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter) and use your New Favorites POI Category instead

Another advantage, of a Personal Favorites POI file, is that you can search for an Individual POI within the POI Category: See.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/tomtom-launches-mydrive-976972?postid=1004348

ATB YFM
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi cHAMPION.01,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you get this sorted with dhn’s and YamFazMan's help)?

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved [How to FAQ] so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post back here :D

Cheers, Mikko