Valid GPS Signal on Start 25 — TomTom Community

Valid GPS Signal on Start 25

Lately my Tom Tom has been very slow to find a "Valid GPS Signal" also today it froze on the begining of my journey & would not move

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,580 Superuser
    @bas100

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • bas100bas100 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I'll give that a try
  • BionicBionic Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This seems to be a common problem. Despite the unit being placed in the same position in the same car with no changes, such as installing a dash cam, over the last 3 months the unit has been getting progressively worse, i.e. loosing signal with monotonous regularity despite the soft restart.
    My wife's phone GPS does not suffer from the same problem (at the same geographical location).
    Is this something to do with a change on the part of the signal provider resulting in poor service to the end user?