MyDrive Connect connection issues in case of possible malware on the PC (Windows) — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect connection issues in case of possible malware on the PC (Windows)

ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
edited January 25 in Knowledge Base articles
Sometimes malwares might block the connection to a TT device (or any other network device). It is highly advised to run a few of these checks sometimes. In case of a large storage and many files (and huge amount of data) and on a non-SSD system, it might take a few hours easily.

Download:
- rkill.com (bleepingcomputer)
- tdsskiller (by Kaspersky)
- ESET online scanner (by ESET)
- Malwarebytes Antimalware (by Malwarebytes, the FREE version is enough, PRO not required)
- Super Antispyware (the FREE EDITION is enough)
- CCLEANER (the FREE version is OK, disable monitoring within if don't want background check)

Run (install all the above, but the rkill, as it doesn't require installation):
- In normal mode, run the TDSSKILLER and accept the terms and let it update.
- In normal mode, run Malwarebytes and update.
- In normal mode, run Antispyware and update.
- In normal mode, run CCLEANER and update.
- In normal mode, run CCLEANER. Clean all the rubbish, plus the registry too.

Restart the PC in "safe mode" (different Windows version have different ways to do - from XP to W7, press F8 at startup, in W8-W10, need to do some manual labour to achieve, GiYF :)), then keep this order:
- Run RKILL.COM, wait to finish.
- Run TDSSKILLER, wait to finish.
- Run CCLEANER, wait to finish. Again, the rubbish and the registry too.
- Run Malwarebytes Antimalware, wait to finish. When done, go to history and delete the whole quarantine.
- Run Super Antispyware, wait to finish. Use the high boost scan. Whatever it pops-up at the very beginning as rubbish extension in browsers or such, delete all.
- Run ESET online scanner, wait to finish. Search for all possibilities it offers (possible threats and so).
- Run CCLEANER, wait to finish. Again, the rubbish and the registry too.

Restart the PC and it should be all dandy again.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Zsolt,

Awesome!

This seems to me related to Niall's topic at https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/knowledge-base-discussions-499/how-to-stop-your-device-from-killing-your-windows-wifi-network-connection-1026270

Do you guys think these could be merged to one article? Or you could just link them to each other...

Cheers, Mikko
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    Fine for me.
    Wanted to say that it is possible on all Windows versions though and there are differences. But either way OK for me.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Mikko

This a completely different scenario, this is for detecting/cleaning software, mine is about physical ports
    Hi Niall,

Fair enough. It's up to you guys. It just might be handy to gather all connection related stuff under one topic and use headers to separate them. Just my two cents...

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Zsolt,

You might also reconsider the title. I doubt many customers will no what Nav3, Nav 4, etc stand for. They're also not likely to find this topic with their google searches. "MyDrive Connect connection issues..." or something similar might catch it better.

Also, does this apply to GO Wi-fi as well, perhaps when sharing computer's internet connection?

Cheers, Mikko
    Agree about the title :) Not sure about the Wi-Fi devices though, but I assume it could affect (when connected to the PC).
    I changed the title for you. I also added some devices in the tags. That should help folks finding this. Feel free to add more.

You can update this later if it turns out it's helpful for Wi-Fi devices as well.