Carminat will not connect — TomTom Community

Carminat will not connect

Sven Erik AndersenSven Erik Andersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have a Renault Scenic 2010 with built in Carminat. I have installed Europe map back in 2010. Renewed it and updated it many times. The other day, my Carminat asked me to be updated and I did as told. After updating the card is not recognized by TomTome Home, but I can see in my PC that the files are on the card. When putting the card in my car the screen is black for long time, then a black time glass on yellow/green background is shown for some time, then again black for longer time, and then again the black time/glass on yellow/green background and so it continues until the sun burns out. Then I tried to put the old Scandinavia map in the Carminat and it runs fine. So, all files seems to be on my SD-card, as I can see them in my PC, but neither TomTom Home nor Carminat can find the files on the car. Any help from the professors in this forum? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Save everything from the card to the PC, then format it to FAT32 and return to the car. It will write some files on it. Then back to the PC, update it and back to the car.
  • Sven Erik AndersenSven Erik Andersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately, I have also tried this.
    Is there any easy solution - no matter the costs.
    Next I plan to do, is to buy a new sd-card and lets initialise, move the files on to it and try to mount it again in Home and car?
    Or buy a new card? or buy a card with map?
    TomTom maps are really good and the design great, but by golly it is not user friendly....
    Thanks in advance.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    It supposed to work this way, but anyhow, you could try to get a new 8GB SD card and try with that. Just put the new card to the car. It will write some files on it. Then back to the PC, update it and back to the car.