Free Map Updates For Life... query from UK Start 20 — TomTom Community

Free Map Updates For Life... query from UK Start 20

'Bought SatNav about a year ago with free lifetime map updates. Went to update today and mydrive says u to date with Europe map v9.90. But also shows summer sale next to it for Europe map and 'buy today' button. How can I be sure I have the latest update for free please?'.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,580 Superuser
    @Meakings

The current map version is v9.90 with v9.95 due out in a couple of weeks.

Also in MyDriveConnect "MY CONTENT" scroll down to "MY SERVICES" the expiry of your subscriptions are displayed like this1571739c-dc28-4096-bc25-3a40cf77d593.jpg
  • 12kevingrove_un3912kevingrove_un39 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am also worried about the Maps and Speed Camera Update for Life package I purchased with my TomTom Rider 400. I noticed that the 'Subscription' runs out, here is a copy of what was on my PC screen when I logged on the site!!! I am disgusted by TomTom's misleading and illegally adverytised sale of their product if this is true! If this is true I would like a full refund from TomTom, the system cost me a fortune !!!

Your subscription:
    Map of Europe
    Start date: 20.04.2017
    End date: 20.04.2022

Regards, Steve (UK)
    @12kevingrove_un39

I would not worry about the actual subscription expiry date, in computer terms infinity needs to be defined by a real date. Before that date arrives, it WILL be extended
  • 12kevingrove_un3912kevingrove_un39 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for that Niall, I was worried I had been sold a lemon. My apologies to TomTom too for my lack of understanding. It could do with pointing out though in the sales brochures or advertisements, so as buyers understand. Glad there are good folk on the forum to explain things to us technphobes. :-)
  • dorel.sarbadorel.sarba Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello
    One year ago I bought a gps tom tom start 20 series started with ay and I was told it has a lifetime guarantee just as it says on the box just to be registered on the site. I made the registration on the site (I want to say that the hara is ful europa). Now after a year I wanted to update my new maps. to install the maps, but only Central and Eastern Europe. Why do you think this is the problem? Thanks await a reply
    @dorel.sarba

"AY">Start 20, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

The 'lifetime' maps relates to the original full Europe map, as your device has 8GB of internal memory that will all fit.
  • dorel.sarbadorel.sarba Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did not understand. , I am sorry. if you please be more explicit.