Unable to log into to Golfer app — TomTom Community

Unable to log into to Golfer app

Liamn1994Liamn1994 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hey!

I got my gofer watch yesterday, registered it all online as instructed. But I am unable to log into the app to pair it with my watch?

Every time I go to log in it tells me that there is an error with the log in details.

Comments

• Peter_1983Peter_1983 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Same problem here unfortunately ...
  • Liamn1994Liamn1994 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    All this money and only 50% of it works! So irritating, the worst part is TomTom don't seem to give any help!
    It's really odd. My account is working on the Tom Tom Sports app, however the same login name and password don't work on the Golfer app. Seems to be a problem with the app itself, if you ask me.

I just contacted the Tom Tom helpdesk. Hope to hear from them soon ...

Have you contacted Tom Tom yourself?
    Exact same problem I'm having! I have sent an email over to them? I will try and find a phone number if I do not hear from them.

I tried to google it and there doesn't seem to be any answers! Maybe they need to strip back to golfer app and redo it
    Seems like it.

I assume it really is a password / login issue - and related to the app itself.

If you hear anything from Tom Tom, please keep me in the loop!
    I'm wondering if I can completely remove the app from my phone. As if I've never downloaded it and try again? Might have some affect on it
    Tried that too - deleted the app, re-installed it, but no effect.

What kind of phone are you using?

I'm on an iPhone 6 ...
    I'm on an iPhone 6s, there's got to be something we can do!
    I've even managed to pair my iPhone to my watch through the my sports app: it then linked me to the golfer app. But then says I basically don't have an account?!
    I was about to ask you - but yes: same here - I'm also able to log-in on the Tom Tom Sports website and app, and yes, it links to my watch, but when I try to log-on in the Golfer app, it says that I'm using the wrong combination of log-in/password ... Same combination however works on the Tom Tom Sports app/website ...
    Same problem I have! Really needs to resolved otherwise that will have an extremely aggravated customer haha
    I'm surprised that we seem to be the only one's reporting this issue - there must be more users having the same problem?!

I just contacted their servicedesk via e-mail, and will try to call them tomorrow morning.

Will keep you posted!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi All,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for flagging this one out! I'll report this to the product team and post back here once I know more.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Great, thanks Lampard, and please keep us in the loop! Would really try to get out on the course tomorrow with a working app ... :cool:

Best, Peter
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,599
    Community Manager
    Peter_1983 wrote:
    Great, thanks Lampard, and please keep us in the loop! Would really try to get out on the course tomorrow with a working app ... :cool:

Best, Peter
    Hi Peter,

You have added a Golfer 2 SE to your profile here on the forum but according to your last connection to our servers you are connecting to the TomTom Sports app which is for non-Golfer watches. For your Golfer 2 SE you should use the TomTom Golfer app.

Having said that, I don't think the login will work on the Golfer app either. We're investigating.

Thanks,
    Jürgen
    Hi Jürgen,

Nope, I have bought a Golfer 2 SE ... Could this be the cause of me being unable to log in onto the app? Might resetting my Golfer 2 SE help?

Best, Peter
    Jürgen,

Just checked my serial number and that starts with HQ. According to your site this is the serial for a runners watch. However, as said, I bought a Golfer 2 SE. If I understand correctly the serials for the Golfer 2 SE should start with HP?

Best, Peter
    Community Manager
    Peter_1983 wrote:
    Hi Jürgen,

Nope, I have bought a Golfer 2 SE ... Could this be the cause of me being unable to log in onto the app? Might resetting my Golfer 2 SE help?

Best, Peter
    Hi Peter,

All I can see is that you're using the app that was made for Runner / Spark / Adventurer. Unless you have one of these watches as well you can best remove the app and download the TomTom Golfer app from the App Store. But I'm not sure if you will be able to log in then. At the moment I'm puzzled. :(

Regards,
    Jürgen
    PS: to get back to your previous message - as said: the Golfer app is not working, therefore I tried the Sports app. Able to log in onto that one, but unfortunately still not onto the Golfer app ... Login/password is working on the Sports app, not on the Golfer app.
    Community Manager
    Peter_1983 wrote:
    Jürgen,

Just checked my serial number and that starts with HQ. According to your site this is the serial for a runners watch. However, as said, I bought a Golfer 2 SE. If I understand correctly the serials for the Golfer 2 SE should start with HP?

Best, Peter
    I'll PM you.
    Community Manager
    Peter_1983 wrote:
    PS: to get back to your previous message - as said: the Golfer app is not working, therefore I tried the Sports app. Able to log in onto that one, but unfortunately still not onto the Golfer app ... Login/password is working on the Sports app, not on the Golfer app.
    Sorry, I overlooked this. I passed on this information. Are you using a different password on TomTom Sports than you are using here on the forum?
    I have used the same information on everything I have for tomtom. I am getting very frustrated by this app not doing what it's supposed to do!
    Are you able to help with my query jürgen
    Hi Liam,

No news from TomTom yet - although Jürgen seems to be working on it.

I have tried to register with another e-mail address I have, but also that is not working. In other words: seems to be a problem with the app itself ... Lets wait ... Hope they'll solve it soon, like to get out on the course using the watch and app!

Best, Peter
  • OCA1OCA1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Guys

Same problem for me- Golfer 2 watch can log into the sports app but golfer app says incorrect username or password.

Please let me know if you manage to get this sorted!

Kind regards
    Oliver