Using Spark for sprints but don't want to record rest periods

ScottyDug
ScottyDug Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've started doing some sprint training, I'm looking to record the sprint times but not the rest periods in between. EG. sprint 200m, walk back, repeat x10. I want to record each 200m time but not the walk back then start again for the next set, how do I do it?

I thought about laps but the watch would keep running and recording the walk back. I also thought about the stopwatch but would that record the actual running?

What I would like is to press start, run, press stop, walk back. Press start, repeat and it all accumulates at the end. Is this possible?

Comments

• ASmugDill
    ASmugDill Registered Users Posts: 550
    Apprentice Traveler
    If you want to record (in your example) the ten sprint times, as separate figures that can be distinguished from each other, within a single activity record then you will need to mark laps. If you only start-stop repeatedly, then you will only get a single lap and effectively only the total time and average pace for the ten sprints.

The stopwatch function on the TomTom Spark does not create an activity record (unless the firmware have moved on by leaps and bounds since I last used a Spark).
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Just use manual laps and pause as soon as you hit the lap button. So run your split, hit the lap (by touching the screen), then immediately pause. Unpause when the walk is over, run the sprint, lap, pause, etc. You will get a recording that is just the sprints with each sprint in a separate lap.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ScottyDug
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the reply, laps it is.
  • ScottyDug
    Apprentice Traveler
    Excellent, thanks for the reply. Marked as solution.